Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find one particular Taurus 1911. It is Taurus 1911 Bright Blue PVD SS 45ACP. Apparently Taurus hasn't made many or is only sending tiny numbers at a time.

I have never had the desire or urge to buy a Taurus 1911 and I believe that this gun is no different than any other stock Taurus they manufacture. What sets this gun apart from the herd is strictly cosmetic and to be completely honest I'm not really sure I even like it.

I want it because it's different.

I have been looking for about two weeks and I've only found one of them on Gun Broker. I haven't bought it because the seller wants just a tiny bit under $1000 annd I don't want it bad enough yet to pay that much for it.

If any of y'all see one (new or used) in your LGS or anywhere else please get me a phone number that I can call and inquire about it.

Appreciate any help I can get with this. Here is a picture of the gun....

Don

. fa2df8ac843c16ae51bc20a9cea1a61c.jpg

·
8,321 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
set up for an instock alert for it. I would start watching CDNN to see when they pop up. It seems all disco'd Taurus firearms end up there.

Reactions: BangBang

·
Administrator
35,112 Posts
$1,000 is absurd. I'd message him and tell him $605 is tops for what you would pay, that's about what you would have paid for a new one and it's what I paid in 2008 for my PT1911 ALR.

Reactions: BangBang

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man you had to pick the unicorn model didn't ya? You are correct nobody seems to have this beauty in stock. Have you tried a local gun store, maybe ask them if any of their distributors have one.

https://www.foothillsjewelryandloan.com/in-store-handguns/semi-automatic-1434/taurus-pt-1911-45acp-sshp-blue-81span-stylefont-weightbold-font-size14pxcolorb40404new-1840842 ---maybe

I just called the people at Foothills silverstring, and the man said they had sold the gun on the website and haven't been able to get another one in months. That is kind of what I thought he would say.

Thank you for taking the time to look for the gun for me. I'm not going to throw the towel in quite yet, there has to be one somewhere. I remember awhile back some one here on the forum had one. If they see this thread and are willing to let the gun go I would love to talk with them...

Don

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Try A Google Search if you haven't

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Sent you a PM... Found 1 better act quick.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have one...purchased locally. If you want, PM me and I'll give you the number for the dealer. He also has a couple of the BluePVD slide/black frame PT92s occasionally.

Not sure if he can help but it never hurts to ask. He ordered 3 608s for me last year...one for me and each of my brothers. However I'm patiently waiting for my Beretta 92X Performance

·
Registered
36,017 Posts
Not sure if he can help but it never hurts to ask. He ordered 3 608s for me last year...one for me and each of my brothers. However I'm patiently waiting for my Beretta 92X Performance
you gonna love that weapon!
just saw one, fondled it profusely last week, a BIG change from the regular Beretta 92 by a long shot.
fully adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front sight, significant weight added to the front below the frame, wonderful trigger, exceeds the trigger on a couple Wilson 92 that i have shot, it should be a shooter but at the weight not a carrier ,at least for me, its a good bit heavier than MY CZ Shadow-2.
I assume that they are all the same setup?

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Showing our age there aren't we ? lol
I got to thinking about it and I bet if you were to simply set that 1911 in the near proximity of a car being painted the color you were looking for it would be painted at no charge. Earl Scheib was know for having ample amounts of over spray...

·
Registered
36,017 Posts
Earl Scheib will paint any car for $19.95, I bet he would do the 1911 for a buck or less.

Yes, it's a Joke!! Maybe a bad joke, but a joke none the less!!!
nope!
Earl Scheib charges exactly 5.99 for any regular size pistola and 12 bucks for a rifle or shotgun!
Here is one he did for me, after the lousy original Earl Scheib factory paint job wore off!
I asked for Cera Cote this time and its holding up great so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Check out gun.deals. Everyone is out right now, but some vendors will notify you if you leave your email address. That's how I bought my last three handguns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts