Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a set of LG-401's that I would install except for the ambi safety.

I don't think Crimson Trace sells the correct (like comes on the PT1911 from Taurus) LaserGrips through the aftermarket.

CT gives you two options: trim the safety lever on the right side to clear the grip (which could allow the safety to separate) or order from them a new ambi safety modified to clear the grips. The new safety would likely require fitting.

Or you could go with a regular safety.

In my case, I'll just install the LG's on another 1911 with a single safety.

The other option you might consider is the LaserMax that replaces the guide rod.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mike1951 said:
I have a set of LG-401's that I would install except for the ambi safety.....

CT gives you two options: trim the safety lever on the right side to clear the grip (which could allow the safety to separate).....
What makes you say this? I don't own a PT1911, yet, but I do have a Kimber Tactical Pro II which I trimmed off about 1/3 of the right thumb safety release and have had no problems for four years. It was my regular ccw firearm until I saw the light and bought a PT111 Titanium.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Crimson Trace has a great product, but I opted to go with the Lasermax Internal guide rod laser. It works great. No external parts that can get damaged from accidental bumping or dropping of the gun. No laser mounted on the rail that will not allow you to holster the gun. I am very pleased. IMHO, it is the better product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.