Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had no luck doing a search here. When the stock is removed the skeleton of a pistol grip is revealed. I'm guessing this is the standard Judge grip inside. I'd like to install a pistol grip (Hogue?) on my Circuit Judge but need a minimum of 26" to be legal in Ohio. The naked gun is 24.8" so I need an extra 1.2. Has anyone installed a pistol grip that extends the C.J. to 26".

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I can't think of any pistol grip that would give you enough length, the Hogue grips are about as long as they get. You would almost be better served chopping down another stock or making one yourself out of wood.

Another solution would be getting the barrel threaded for a muzzle break, or even pinning and welding one on permanently.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd have to leave a 1" stub on the cut down stock to make it legal--if I could even find one. I picture that as Fugly

Reactions: YOT

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
To be legal you will have to make the barrel longer with extension welded so it can't be removed. Other option is longer grip/short stock. Last if legal in your state is pay the Fed tax and do the forms for it as a short weapon.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hmmm I wonder if putting the cjudge stock on a standard judge would make it a SBS

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand it would be a SBS unless you named it an "arm brace" that looked just like a shoulder stock as Sig markets for the AR pistol (along with a letter from the ATF.)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd have to leave a 1" stub on the cut down stock to make it legal--if I could even find one. I picture that as Fugly
This would be my thing too. Couldn't you just screw a flat piece of wood or steel to the bottom of a grip like this one
41FYc0NMEoL._SY355_.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
How about checking out the circuit judge tuffy, it supposedly it's shaped to feel like a pistol grip as well as a rifle. I haven't held one, but might work for you. When i was refinishing my wood on my circuit (did a cool bluish with green stain on it) it was cool to feel it with a pistol grip, but looked way too goofy, why would you want that?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I understand it would be a SBS unless you named it an "arm brace" that looked just like a shoulder stock as Sig markets for the AR pistol (along with a letter from the ATF.)
Isn't the Circuit Judge's barrel rifled? If so, can't be a shotgun, short barreled or otherwise? But we are talking Ohio law here. so who knows.

Is the length measured parallel to the barrel or the longest point to point measure? If p-to-p, then maybe the measurement from the tip of the barrel to the tip of the grip butt may get you over the edge?

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts