Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a computer that has a DVD RW on it, running Win 7. I've got some mp4 shooting video files from a camera that I'd like to put on a DVD so that it will actually play in a DVD player. I know you can't just straight burn them from a computer to a blank DVD, that a normal DVD plays files in a different format than mp4. Does anyone know of a good way to do this?

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
The laptop i'm using is also running Win. 7

It has two programs that should work.

Windows DVD Maker
Windows Live Movie Maker

Just be sure to choose the option to make disk playable on other device's, and close the disk ( finalize disk ) when done.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
I should add, it's been a while since iv'e done one so don't remember all the steps.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
If your DVD play is less than a couple of years old, it should play the video's without issue. both my DVD and Bluray players (each over two years old) have a USB slot for just this purpose. If your's does not, drop $30 on a new one and save some hassle.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Pretty simple following the process above. Do make sure you format the disk before you burn anything to it. Or buy pre-formatted disks. Some disk copying software will also format the disk before writing to it as part of the burn process.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
I've got a computer that has a DVD RW on it, running Win 7. I've got some mp4 shooting video files from a camera that I'd like to put on a DVD so that it will actually play in a DVD player. I know you can't just straight burn them from a computer to a blank DVD, that a normal DVD plays files in a different format than mp4. Does anyone know of a good way to do this?
Actually yes you can straight burn them to a blank DVD. Playback can only happen on a system that can read the MP4 format.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts