Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cloudy today with showers. I looked in the closet, and there it was :D. My favorite shirt.

Fraying along the bottom hem, around the collar, and bottoms of sleeves. Holes everywhere. But just SO comfortable.

It's probably not gonna survive much longer. One of those holes is gonna get huge, and my wife will toss it. But until then, I'll enjoy every time I can wear it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I have the same problems with my favorite Lee jeans. They are frayed on the bottoms and have finally developed holes in the now thin areas of the knees. Putting them on the other day, I got my big toe caught in a hole, and rr..iii...ppp! Oh man! I put an iron-on patch on the inside of the leg, you know, to preserve that frayed hole look, but I don't know how many washing that will survive. Maybe if I drag another old pair around from my bumper I can accelerate the wear on a replacement pair.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Of course. Favorite shirt and jeans.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I had one, but after it offered less coverage than your average fishing net - my wife threw it out.

Just haven't had one since. There are about 7 or 8 I wear more than the rest, but no distinctive favorite.

Reactions: SixFalls

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
My Willie Nelson t-shirt.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Over the years my wife gives me a look when I put on one of the favored shirts -- and I know it's time ... so I toss it out frayed, holes, etc. :(

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
All of my shirts are blue and my jeans are blue. Both are well warn and comfortable..I am easy to dress....

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Yeppers, ahh dang not any more. She just threw that one away too.

Just when we get the thing properly broke in too.

Sarge

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Tie-dye T shirt or NRA T-shirt, blue-jeans with hiking boots and a ball cap with sunglasses. Standard Saturday uniform.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
These, 50/50 blend XLG in black. I buy them by the dozen. I think I paid 3-4 dollars each last time. I get them from a lady in town.
IMG_20150301_133617325_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My favorite shirt, and for that matter pants, is air.

·
Administrator
39,686 Posts
Denim shirts. Long sleeve and short sleeve are my favorites. Faded, frayed, and just down right homeless person lookin'. But I love 'em. The more you wash them, the more they shrink. Then one day, they aren't in my closet anymore. I don't know where they go, and my wife claims she doesn't either. Yeah, right. :dry:

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
24,595 Posts
I think it is the one I have on.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
I had a favorite denim, then it became hers.

·
Registered
18,783 Posts
I still have a fondness for the old rugby jerseys. Back in the day, there were no motocross jerseys, boots or pants. We did our thing in denim jeans, linemans' boots and rugby jerseys. If we were lucky, we could find a jersey in a color that matched our bikes to get that trick, factory team look. :thumb:

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I've got a dark green Michigan State University sweatshirt that I wear a lot. It's got bleach stains on it and with it being dark green it looks like someone puked on it. I still wear it though cause it's my favorite sweatshirt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts