Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really never thought I'd have so much trouble finding pistol powder.....I'm seeing much more rifle powder and although I originally decided to standardize on Titegroup and HP38, when I see a bottle of handgun powder, I'm just grabbing it. So, now I have Universal, Red Dot, and a couple of others.....I guess I can just use it to play around with different loads, and see if I like any one better than the other. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
The wife says no more reloading supplies. The inventory has her a little nervous of levelling the neighborhoods 3 block area. I guess I do get carried away on my hobbies.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Have not seen any powder locally to buy. If I saw what I used I would grab it. I still have an un open 4# jug of Bullseye and an unoped pound of Unique. when the Unique is gone I am going to try 2400.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have not seen any powder locally to buy. If I saw what I used I would grab it. I still have an un open 4# jug of Bullseye and an unoped pound of Unique. when the Unique is gone I am going to try 2400.
That was kinda my point.....I've never used Red Dot powder before, for example, but I'm perfectly willing to try it now, if and when I find it. Same for just about any handgun powder.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
I'm not low enough to venture to other powders yet? I guess if I get too low I will start grabbing other powders.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
It seems that different regions may have different shortages. I can buy powder all day long but small pistol primers are like hen's teeth! bullets are somewhere in between - I have what I need for quite a few coming matches - would hate to have to change those bullets but am making some compromises in reserve inventory (practice, SHTF JHPs etc). Too bad the hazmat fee makes setting up trades or buying for others a bit tricky and more expensive.

I should post it in FS/FT but I'd swap powder for small pistol primers in a heartbeat. Feel free to send a wish list. I'll patch together what I have access to and post that as well.

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
The wife says no more reloading supplies. The inventory has her a little nervous of levelling the neighborhoods 3 block area. I guess I do get carried away on my hobbies.
Yep, I am good on powder at about 9-10 pounds, I don't want to get vaporized just in case the house catches on fire!
primers i am Ok on but would buy a few more SP if I could find them below 40 per K, projectiles have me a bit concerned in the 40 cal and 355, but i got a few thousand.
Locally I can find plenty of powder, pretty good selection of projectiles and a few primers at 40 per K to 50 per K.
all prices higher than i m use to paying.
the online sources seem to be getting less and less supply it seems to me.

·
Super Moderator
14,013 Posts
You mean besides Obama?

Oh, wait...the title says "powder," not "power." Sorry, my bad. :D

Reactions: texastaurusguy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts