Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Good luck with getting it ti work and please post pictures and detail of what you did if you do get it to work. Because of the complaints I have avoided the ProMag in the TCP.

Now if someone has one that does not work and they want to send it to me I will be more then glad to tinker with it and try getting it to work. Heck I'll even send it back if i get it working.

I would start by comparing the magazine release cut outs to see why it is dropping free. I would then compare feed lip profiles, followed by how cartridges sit in each magazine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one that would sometimes not feed the last round. I removed the spring and, going down 2 loops from the top, and slightly bent the feed side of the spring up about 1/4 inch. It seems to have worked so far.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Getting any ProMag to function reliably is a two step process: 1) sell it, 2) buy a Taurus mag or better.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
I have 2 1911 ProMags and 2 Beretta 92 ProMags converted to the PT-92/99 and they all have worked flawlessly. I think they are just hit and miss.

Reactions: shoopdawhoop
1 - 10 of 10 Posts