Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Truglo has some that fit the PT111/140 G2. A few of us received a package as door prize at the rapid city event last year.
Mine fit/look/work great.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
22,942 Posts
Lakeline is an outstanding company; one of the best I've dealt with. If they offer something I want, I stop comparison shopping.

·
Registered
506 Posts
There aren't many options for PT111 sights. I was using a universal fiber optic sight recommended before the Lakeline sights.
I saw some Truglo sights offered on the Lakeline website. You could take a look at those.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like Lakeline however if you follow the instructions on some of the sights in regards to tightening you will probably be disappointed as they will work loose. After finally ignoring their tightening suggestions and tightened the HECK out of the fiber optic sights they have been flawless for probably a year now. Oh TruGlo fiber optic rods seem to be more durable (or maybe its just coincidence I haven't broken any of them but broke the original rods on a regular basis shooting) but that's here nor there as its a under $10 investment and ALL fiber optic rods will break at some point. I don't know much else that could go wrong with sights unless you just don't like the style. The sights themselves are all steel and durable.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I like Lakeline however if you follow the instructions on some of the sights in regards to tightening you will probably be disappointed as they will work loose. After finally ignoring their tightening suggestions and tightened the HECK out of the fiber optic sights they have been flawless for probably a year now. Oh TruGlo fiber optic rods seem to be more durable (or maybe its just coincidence I haven't broken any of them but broke the original rods on a regular basis shooting) but that's here nor there as its a under $10 investment and ALL fiber optic rods will break at some point. I don't know much else that could go wrong with sights unless you just don't like the style. The sights themselves are all steel and durable.
Rather than over-tighten and risk failure - use Loctite.
Also - light pipes are not standard diameters. They vary between users. Many will send spare for the asking. Some (Truglo iirc) sell them on the website. I keep a kit in my range bag for broken pipes. Cut to length and expand the ends with a butane lighter. The long sticks work best. Have used matches and also a car cig lighter in a pinch. Broken on one stage in competition. Repaired and back 100% for the next!

Reactions: Alfonse and jwc007
1 - 10 of 10 Posts