Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been led to believe that exporting firearms from Canada is considerably easier than from USA, so while I am in a process of getting a Taurus 24/7 OSS 9mm shipped to me from USA I would like to see what other options there are. However it has been hard to find anything with search engines about Canadian firearms dealers, especially ones that are willing to do exports.

Any pointers from Canadian readers? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

- A Future Taurus owner from Finland.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
hmm...I know a few things about importing guns to Canada, but not too sure about exporting. Plus I'm sure a lot depends on Finland's import laws...But keep in mind any guns with a barrel of 105mm (~4.13") and less are prohibited...(Although 24/7 4in is lited as 106mm...)

You can call Canadian Firearms Center at 1-800-731-4000 and ask them.

www.questar.ca is one of the guys who import guns from US to Canada, they might know a few things about exporting to Europe as well....

www.wolverinesupplies.com is my favorite non local store. They don't stock Taurus but they can get them in as a special order (and probably have best prices too) which reminds me...most guns here are ridiculously overpriced. :( 24/7 sells for $600 here!!! (vs. what $350 in the US? :-\). Keep in mind US and CDN $ are about same in value...

Almost forgot you can check www.canadiangunnutz.com it’s a major Canadian gun forum (36K members) but you have to register to read it. I’m sure someone there will know! But FWIW it’s not as friendly as this place. Almost anything does, so you may get a few less helpful replies...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the pointers!

Gray_Wolf said:
... Plus I'm sure a lot depends on Finland's import laws...
No problems in import, if you have a license to buy locally a firearm you can import it too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ace said:
Can you still own machine guns in Finland?
Law from 1993 says that if you need one for shooting a movie, for your gun collection or museum, or work related uses, you can have one. How difficult it is to prove you need one is another matter. Self defense or hunting does not apply. Furthermore, police prepared last year a set of new instructions on some conditions on issuing these licenses, but these at some points even contradict the law and may be overturned in courts if challenged. So a lot of obstacles there anyway. But IANAL, and people that own automatic weapons generally do not broadcast it or how and why they were granted the license.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts