Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Nothing but thumbs up for me. I've been shooting mine for since they came out. I was an early beta tester and got a good one right off, no issues. It fills my needs. Best accuracy off the bench at 25 yards has been with Fed bulk or Rem golden bullet, about 2". That's decent for a pocket sized pistol. I also have a Mk 2 that shoots tighter groups. I have a red dot sight on THAT one.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have 2 of them. One silver and the other flat dark earth.
Both have been very good. Recently I had several failure to feeds with the silver one.
Thought maybe it was the recoil spring, so Ruger sent a new rod and spring.
What I found after checking the magazines was they seemed to be the culprit. They were very dirty,
Cleaned them up and had no more problems. So it was not the spring or rod.
Now I clean the mags after each range trip.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have a red one, but I haven't shot it yet. I've been working on a 3-piece Red Ruger set, which includes the Red SR22, a red MK-IV, and a red Charger short-barreled rifle (yes, with an NFA stamp). Most of the red parts are anodized aluminum, including the tubes for 3 red-dot scopes I've added to them. (Yes, I have a red-dot scope on a Ruger SR22 pistol, LOL.)I'll work on getting a photo of the set.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Nothing wrong with the SR Ruger line Think the 9mm and 40 were discontinued but that .22 AWESOME

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my SR22s...although I love that shorter one better than the longer one. The shorter one eats ANY brand of ammo I put in it, the longer one seems to be a bit pickier, but not like Sig Mosquito or Walther P22 picky (We have a Walther PPQ 22 that is not picky at all, and super accurate!) You can't go wrong with an SR22. When I worked at the indoor range, it was our go to pistol to get folks started and the SR22s we rented took a tremendous amount of abuse! Now, it's not a target 22, but as a plinker, it's fabulous and sooooo much fun to shoot! :) Don't tell anyone, but I've been known to carry it with Stingers when I felt I should be carrying something!;)

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Mine was my first 22 pistol acquired after some research. No doubt that the MK's by Ruger and the Victory are more accurate as target pistols, but for initial cost and cost of extra magazines (which you will want) the SR 22 delivers a lot of fun and is a bonus as being concealable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I narrowed my choices down to the SR22 and the S&W M&P Compact 22LR when I was looking for a 22LR semi. The M&P won out for me and it has been an excellent gun. Really I only picked it over the SR22 because I liked the way it fit better in my hand. Both are excellent plinkers!

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I have had one for about 2 years. I like the gun, it's reliable and accurate. My only complaint is the safety is backwards to every other similarly located safety with up to fire and down to put on safe.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
I have had one for about 2 years. I like the gun, it's reliable and accurate. My only complaint is the safety is backwards to every other similarly located safety with up to fire and down to put on safe.
No, actually every other gun you have has a backwards safety. :rofl:

Reactions: jimb1972
1 - 14 of 14 Posts