Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really tempted by a nickel finished GI model at my local shop. I've heard they're good, but just looking for more feedback.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't have the nickel finished model but my RIA GI has functioned flawlessly. Best 1911 out there that won't break the bank!

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
RIA 1911's are one of the best buy's available.

They are well made, accurate, and when properly broken in, 100% reliable.

I recommend them whole heartedly, and do not feel under-gunned packing one. ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
If Taurus does not get mine fixed after the third time for the same problem I may just but A RIA 45 !!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have not had a problem out of my RIA . For the money, you cannot beat it, I took mine on trade at a gun show a while back and am glad I did, i consider it a keeper now !!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
RIA's are a great buy in the 1911 market, and i would have bought one if they had one in stainless at the shop i went to. But then i saw my beloved 945 off to the left and snatched it up. If i find one in stainless when i shop for my 1911, i'll grab it up without a second thought.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
When I was looking for a new carry pistol I tried out a new compact/officers model at the range, I like that pistol a lot and wish I would have bought it anyway but I was wanting something a lighter and bought a Mil-Pro PT-145.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
My daily carry is a RIA Officer Size. I traded a dealer at a gun show for a Ruger LC9. The RIA is very accurate and very reliable. I also own a Charles Daly; also made by Armscor who makes RIA. CD is out of business now but I have a stainless EFS Target model. It was the top of the line and is a fantastic shooter.

RIAofficer.jpg

Truth.jpg

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
This is my daily carry gun and for me it has to bang every time with what ever it is loaded with. Mine is the 1911 CS compact with Novak Trijion night sights installed by Armsor Precission in Nevada. This gun has close to 4000 rounds through it todate with not a single hiccup and I use Speer Gold dot +P ammo for carry.

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
RIA firearms have some rather rough craftsmanship but that didn't stop me from buying a 1911 from them. I once let a Kimber snob fire both my 1911's, and he was surprised at how good the trigger was my RIA. Apparently he had never heard of RIA. He wasn't so impressed with my pt1911 though, but I think it was because he had heard of Taurus before.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Two RIA 1911's, zero problems, well none that I didn't cause. :blush:

Nice triggers, that can easily improved, accurate, reliable, series 70 style shooters.

I've heard owners of Nickle finishes complain they scratch pretty easily.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I made a deal on a new nickel model, and I got a nice trade offer for a surplus Walther I've had forever. Can't wait to try it out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Two RIA 1911's, zero problems, well none that I didn't cause. :blush:

Nice triggers, that can easily improved, accurate, reliable, series 70 style shooters.

I've heard owners of Nickle finishes complain they scratch pretty easily.

If you ever think about getting rid of the two-tone, please let me know. That's a great looking 1911.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Well I made a deal on a new nickel model, and I got a nice trade offer for a surplus Walther I've had forever. Can't wait to try it out!
Congrats. I have a 1911cs and love it

1 - 20 of 44 Posts