Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for some gun ranges that allow rapid fire. Does anyone know of any around the Houston TX area? I am willing to drive out into the country if those are the only place you can rapid fire. But I have called around and the best I can find is 1 round per 2 secs.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
If you are willing to drive about 90 miles to the east of Houston, the Golden Triangle Gun Club in Beaumont (members and guests only) allows almost anything except full auto.

Look at the club rules:
The Golden Triangle Gun Club

1. The firing of handheld or shoulder type firearms are permitted on the appropriate ranges. The firing of carriage, spade or tripod-mounted firearms will not be permitted. The use of any firearm capable of firing any type of explosive or incendiary projectile will not permitted. FIRING OF ANY FIREARM CAPABLE OF FULL AUTOMATIC FIRE OR BURST FIRE WILL NOT PERMITTED.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I wouldn't think Texas ranges would be so oppressive - is it because y'all never miss with the first shot and don't need to practice follow ups?

I haven't been to a range in Phoenix with those restrictions.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I have been looking around for some gun ranges that allow rapid fire. Does anyone know of any around the Houston TX area? I am willing to drive out into the country if those are the only place you can rapid fire. But I have called around and the best I can find is 1 round per 2 secs.
Some of the indoor ranges near me used to allow "mag dumps", but not anymore. Too many bullet holes in the wrong places. The most they allow that I am aware of are double taps now.

However, check with the Pasadena Gun Center. I haven't been there in a few years, but they used to allow rapid fire all the way up to rifle cartridges. They used to rent out full auto guns and still may. I rented a full auto M1A1 Thompson maybe 10 years ago and we were allowed to hold the trigger down until empty for as long as we had ammo money.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Try Tactical Firearems on Mason Rd in Katy. They also rent semi and full autos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts