Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my G2C for about 3 months now. I estimate I have about 700 rounds through it... no problems at all. No jams, misfires, or ejection issues. I am just wondering if anyone that has a G2C has come across any issues with it. Thanks for you response.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I’m good, so far, but no doubt there will be some purchasers who have issues.

I had 2 PT111 G2 pistols. The 1st wasn’t good. The second was great...but I flipped it, anyway. So far, my G2C has been fantastic. A real tack driver that I plan to hold on to.

Budget priced guns are often going to be a ‘riskier’ buy, generally speaking. From time to time one will need to persevere through a purchase that doesn’t work out to one that does.

The G2C is (to me) a fantastic concept, and worth whatever risk there is many times over.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine failed to eject real bad the first range trip. I polished the chamber and put in a Lakeline stainless recoil and it has calmed it down. I had one jam the last time I went out of about 100 rounds. I have 350 rounds through another one with zero issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine failed to eject real bad the first range trip. I polished the chamber and put in a Lakeline stainless recoil and it has calmed it down. I had one jam the last time I went out of about 100 rounds. I have 350 rounds through another one with zero issues.
Is the recoil the component of the gun that is likely to fail? Is that your reason for replacing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Love mine zero issues. I also replaced the stock recoil spring assembly. The stock worked fine but in my opinion is the one thing on the gun that looks like utter cheap junk. Of course if you read anything anywhere else online anything Taurus is absolute junk...lol. I like my g2c better than my g19.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
550+ here and my G2C is running great. No issues I can think of. Solid little gun. People aren't ready for something halfway decent, costing way less than our marketing degree and advertising masters tell us it should, yet. Ol' Gaston initially wanted to sell Glocks super cheap, to be the affordable gun. His people in marketing told him if you sell it for so cheap, people will think it's junk.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I replaced my rod because I hate plastic rods. last plastic rod left of my guns is the SR22 one. Have other projects that are higher on the list than swapping that rod out just yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
One of mine I have had 3 months now with 500 rounds through it and had issues. I took advice from here and polished the chamber and the feed ramp then replaced the guide rod with the LLC stainless one. That has taken care of the feeding issue. I cleaned out the striker channel several times and that seems to have taken care of the FTF issues. It hasn't been smooth sailing with the 9mm one. The last 100 rounds ran without an issue.

I haven't been to the range but once with the 40 S&W one but 125 rounds and there hasn't been an issue with it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
My G2C has the notorious "hitch" in the SA trigger take up. Otherwise, no problems or issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anyone make a replacement trigger and a heavier trigger spring? The G2PT111 is reliable but it has a hair trigger and I would like a heavier spring and a better trigger. I feel the middle part too much when shooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I just purchased my first hand gun (the G2C). And I'm genuinely concerned about something.

During some research yesterday on the gun to learn about it and I ran into articles about a class action suit because of like 9 different models of Taurus models that would shoot from shaking the gun, or dropping it.
Is this gun safe to handle? I'm new to firearms, so I'm a really big noob and I don't want it to shoot my leg if I have it holstered.

Thank you everyone.
Take care,
David.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well that's the thing, one of the models that had the problem also had a safety and it would still fire if you shook it even with it on. Scared me to see it.
I'm just trying to do everything I can to be a responsible gun owner and that means asking questions so I can learn.

But it's nice to know you haven't had issues :)

·
Super Moderator
37,221 Posts
Well that's the thing, one of the models that had the problem also had a safety and it would still fire if you shook it even with it on. Scared me to see it.
I'm just trying to do everything I can to be a responsible gun owner and that means asking questions so I can learn.

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. There are volumes of information and many thousand words on this subject in the forum.

Bottom line is that all of the suspect models were discontinued at least four plus years ago and recalled. Enjoy your pistol and follow Col. Cooper's rules of gun safety.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. There are volumes of information and many thousand words on this subject in the forum.

Bottom line is that all of the suspect models were discontinued at least four plus years ago and recalled. Enjoy your pistol and follow Col. Cooper's rules of gun safety.
Thank you, it's good to know that's the case. The internet has a way of getting people nervous because there's always either A) - Outdated facts, B) Doesn't tell you all the information.

It's good to know that the faulty products were removed!

Thank you for all the help everyone.

·
Registered
97 Posts

You have no control over the built in safety unless you disassemble it and remove that safety.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts