Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between the snub nose Tracker 44 for CCW or the 4" with port and just enjoy shooting. If I can get away with both with one gun, that's what I want to do. I have others to CCW, but was considering the snub for that?

.................Twin

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has the 44 Tracker snub nose? Hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have not shot one but I'm interested in buying one too. Here is a Youtube review. BTW, I cannot find the 2" model on Taurus website, can anyone tell me if Taurus is still making them? I rather have the all steel cheaper Tracker 44mag snubbie, instead of the more expensive 444 ultra-lite 44.mag. I rather have 5 shot, heavy steel .44mag snubbie, that a bigger 6 shot, 26oz, Ti alloy snubby.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a blue 4" and love it. Sweet to shoot and very accurate with 44sp loads. I think it would be pretty heavy for carry even in 2".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have not shot one but I'm interested in buying one too. Here is a Youtube review. BTW, I cannot find the 2" model on Taurus website, can anyone tell me if Taurus is still making them? I rather have the all steel cheaper Tracker 44mag snubbie, instead of the more expensive 444 ultra-lite 44.mag. I rather have 5 shot, heavy steel .44mag snubbie, that a bigger 6 shot, 26oz, Ti alloy snubby.

Taurus 444 ultralite - YouTube
I have the new GUN 2013 Buyer's Annual that I just purchased at Walmart and it shows the 44 mag in 2" from Taurus. It's listed as the Taurus Raging Bull in 2.25"

.................Twin

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I want!! The 2" in ported!!!! Wow...that's sexy!

.....................Twin

·
Registered
1 Posts
No one has the 44 Tracker snub nose? Hmmmmmmmm
I have a Taurus Model 44C Snub Nose. 44Mag. I love it. Better put a Hogue Grip on it or your wrist won't like it.
It will let you know what you are firing, but I shoot 44 Specials in mine, and it is beautiful. It shoots like a 38 +P with the 44 Specials.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have this older version that has been relabeled and sold by Rossi. In the yoke cut it even has the Taurus model number 44C stamped in the yoke cut.
I can tell you in no uncertain terms that even with rubber grips covering the backstrap, on a 100% steel gun, this 5-shot 44 magnum is a HANDFUL with full-power loads. :D
NOT one that you want to try to put a couple of boxes worth of ammo through in one sitting. It is much more pleasant to shoot with 44 specials or lower powered magnum handloads.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts