Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Are you going to go see the new "Battleship" Movie?

• Yes, it's my kind of movie -- aliens and the military!

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • No, aliens and the Navy make me turn green

Votes: 12 32.4%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you folks going to see "Battleship" when it comes out (May 18)? I am down for pretty much anything w/ Liam Neeson, plus there is the military/alien angle, so I am interested! Man, after watching the Avengers, and knowing that Batman and the Justice League are coming soon, I think it's going to be a great summer for sci-fi/action movies!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yup. That is on my must see list....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
545 Posts
Normally I wouldn't dare disrespect Liam Neeson by saying I wasn't going to see his movie... but I really don't think I can handle this much cheese. If this movie had been named ANYTHING else, I'd be there, but I only plan on seeing this if there's confirmation of a scene where Liam says "B5", followed by "You sank my battleship"

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I'd like to see it, but it has been since last October that I saw a movie in a theatre so who knows. But I do like a good movie with aliens who aren't sissies! :D

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I thought it already opened?
It's all over the bittorrent sites.
Just checked IMDB.
Opened in Japan on April 3rd, and everywhere else in the world since then.
We be the last to get it, along with Canada and Paraguay, even MEXICO got it already.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Ehhh. I'd rather see movies about our navy fighting other navies. I dunno, maybe when it hits the cheap theaters.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the trailer again, and it looks like the casting leans heavily toward the 16-25 age group -- no surprise there. I guess they threw in Liam for all of the rest of us! I am still going to see it though!:shooter:

·
Registered
27,319 Posts
Movie tickets are too expensive. I'll wait until I can see it for free.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I certainly would like to see it!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'll check it out, probably a matinee show in the afternoon, I like getting popcorn w/butter with a coke and let the cares of the world go away if even for a little while. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
I'll check it out, probably a matinee show in the afternoon, I like getting popcorn w/butter with a coke and let the cares of the world go away if even for a little while. :)
Ditto. Great way to escape the world for a while.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I'd rather spend my money on reloading components.

Donating money to the leeches in Hollywood is very low on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I would like to and selected that option. But in truth I doubt I will go and will most likely watch it on DVD.

Sarge

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Haven't been to a theater movie in, like, fifteen years.

We just wait until they come on satellite t.v. and then rent the movie.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I likely won't go to the theater , I'll just wait for it to hit cable since I already pay a premium for it. The last time I went to the theater and it's a huge one just a mile up the road , maybe 06.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I like action movies, But I'll wait for it to come out on dvd. I can't stand people in movie theater's, I stopped going right after the rocky horror picture show. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts