Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consistent with my PT111, PT738 and the two new G2C pistols, any rumors on if and when the G3 will be available with a stainless slide? Living in the wet part of the PNW, I do like my stainless handguns.

Reactions: DA-Auto

·
Registered
260 Posts
That's 2 of us that would like to have SS slide & i also want .40 s&w

I emailed Taurus a couple of weeks ago about .40 s&w and the nice lady told me that a different cal. is likely in the future

Hopefully Taurus is seeing what's happening to the G3 and we will get what we want

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
The only ones I've seen around may area, are the all black versions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The initial announcement and photos did show a G3 with the stainless slide, but that has subsequently disappeared from the catalog.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
It seems their other models have been release a year or so later. I'm thinking they're trying to play out the initial market before ramping up another manufacturing run.

I'm still waiting on the TX22 with a stainless/alloy/whatever slide. I don't have the rust concerns that another poster has, but just think it looks better. Also, that newer black finish, whatever it is, just doesn't look good after much use.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So both Palmetto ($ 249) and Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore ($259) are showing the G3 with the stainless slide in stock and ready to ship. I am now deferring a purchase since just yesterday I did a private transfer and purchased a Sig P320-M17 with two magazines and a Streamlight for $ 460 plus $ 25 transfer fee.

·
Registered
481 Posts
a local shop near me has a few G3 stainless at $239, first come first serve as his add says. he may do a better price but so far thats as low as i have seen. not bad for a small local shop as he has the best prices around. Summer Shade Guns, 410 Summer Shade Rd, Summer Shade, KY 42166. phone:(270) 428-5101 open m-s 8-5, closed sunday.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
a local shop near me has a few G3 stainless at $239, first come first serve as his add says. he may do a better price but so far thats as low as i have seen. not bad for a small local shop as he has the best prices around. Summer Shade Guns, 410 Summer Shade Rd, Summer Shade, KY 42166. phone:(270) 428-5101 open m-s 8-5, closed sunday.
Well, I sure wish the clowns around my area would get on board with the stainless slide versions...they barely are able to get the standard black ones in!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wish that would have been available when I got mine. The only thing I don't care for on the G3 is the finish. I definitely would have preferred the stainless. Maybe I'll have to get another one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts