Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.... Just curious: Any Taurus Model 731 owners out there? Tho they have been discontinued, I purchased a 731 a few months ago. Really like it and carry it quite a bit. Finding H&R ammo is a challenge, but that just adds to the "fun" of ownership, right?! I monitor this Forum daily, but mentions of the 731 seem to be far and few between. Im starting to feel lonely out here! Model 731 owners... Let me hear from you! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not a 731 owner but welcome anyway from N.Texas

·
32,496 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

No do not have a 731, but do own the Taurus 327 snub revolver. Own 2 actually. It would be 731s if the 327 wasn't available.
There are a goodly number of 731 owners here.They come and go like birds on the Flyways going north or south. :) You might have to shag them out of the bushes but they are there. :) When they go to ground it is for only a short while.

Normally any discussion of the .32 calibers brings them out.
AmmoEngine: .40 S&W / .40 Smith & Wesson, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals
Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com

Ventura Munitions | Online Ammunition Sales | Cheap Ammo

www.georgia-arms.com

Buffalo Bore Ammunition | Strictly Big Bore - Strictly Business

These are places online that normaly have the great .32 H&R magnum round as well as the .327 Federal magnum or .32 S&W Long.

Buffalo Bore's +P (Yes, there is no SAAMI +P qualification for this) .32 H&R magnum is quite a number. As long as it is not used in H&R or NEF revolvers the +P version should be safe for other revolvers.

For a long time I was looking for a Taurus 741 and have seen little of them. They are out there but I usually get beat to them. Oh,well.

Ruger's SP-101 and GP-100 are great in .327 Federal.

Hope springs eternal that other 731 owners will appear eventually. :)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I don't have one, but would like to. I think that the .32 magnum is one of the best cartridges out there for a number of reasons. Thumbs up for the Buffalo Bore mentioned by QD. Use something like Federal's Champion semiwadcutter for practice, but use the BB loading for carry/defense.

·
32,496 Posts
Here is my new school M731, it has a 3 inch barrel and a matte blue titanium finish. I also have a classic SS 3 inch M741 which I'll post photos of later.
Extremely nice looking gun you have there. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 74 and a 741, but no 731. I wouldn't mind having one, but the timing and price have never come together at the right time to make that happen.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have a 74 and a 741, but no 731. I wouldn't mind having one, but the timing and price have never come together at the right time to make that happen.
I was curious to know if you model 74 has the older/pencil style barrel or the newer/heavy style barrel? My model 73 has a heavy barrel and I wondered if they made the 74 that way too. Also wondered if you could tell us what barrel lengths your 74 and 741 are... and are they stainless or blued... sorry for all the questions, but it's neat to learn more about these older Taurus revolvers. Thanks!

Coop

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice looking revolver, Cooper. I have the 731 snubnose version in stainless. Im a lefty and I carry it frequently in crossdraw in the 1:00pm position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
731 Owner

Greetings.... Just curious: Any Taurus Model 731 owners out there? Tho they have been discontinued, I purchased a 731 a few months ago. Really like it and carry it quite a bit. Finding H&R ammo is a challenge, but that just adds to the "fun" of ownership, right?! I monitor this Forum daily, but mentions of the 731 seem to be far and few between. Im starting to feel lonely out here! Model 731 owners... Let me hear from you! :)
I am the owner of 3ea. Taurus 731 SS 2", I also have 3 other 32 H&R's. A Ruger 4" and 2 Heritage RR 6" and a Taurus M327. I do my own reloads so bullets are not a problem. I shoot 600 rounds of 32 H&R a month. I have 3 fellow shooters who all want a 731. I am looking for at least one more 731. I think the 32 H&R is grossly underestimated and misunderstood. The 731 is a great CC gun and fun to shoot. All my shooters love to shoot them. They are remarkably accurate for what they are designed to do. My group are holy terror on shaving cream cans at 25 ft. They are comfortable to shoot, we also shoot 38SP and 357's. The three other shooters are lady's. I wish Taurus would make the 731 again. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fellow 731 owner here and new forum member from South Central PA. Mine has been a reliable and good piece for my wife. Outfitted with Crimson Trace grips it is an excellent gun! Too bad it's discontinued.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I am in the market for one of these, Is there a Hogue Grip made for the small frame?..Thanks in advance/// Bob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Van,

You sound like The Guy. Everyone else says, 'I know a guy'
Well I just purchased, yet to receive a M731 in 32 H&R.

Do you know a resource where I can find the max design pressure limits for this out of production gun?
I called Taurus customer service with the same question. They told me those numbers are NOT PUBLISHED.

I will create a separate thread to ask this question as well, TIA

Bob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts