Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says does anybody know of any shops of manufacturers that produce extended threaded barrels for the PT111 G2 in 9mm. I would love to find one so I can use my suppressor, since I paid a $200 tax on it I would like to be able to use it on more of my hand guns. Maybe if someone knows of a place that would be able to make them let us know because I know we could get a group buy started. Thanks for any and all info guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's been 4 months since I posted this thread so I thought I would see if someone might have a lead now.
If there's a company that makes extended threaded barrels for the PT111 G2 in 9mm please share the info. Or if anybody knows if another Taurus handgun barrel will fit and function in the PT111 G2 that is long enough to add threads for a suppressor again please share. Was also thinking if one of you fine fellows owns a Pt111 G2 and a 24/7 could try the 24 barrel in the PT111 to see if those barrels will work. I think this could be a option if the barrel will work. Would just have to get the end threaded which shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
694 Posts
This was mentioned few years ago concerning a PT-140. The 24/7 barrel is longer, but the bulge in the end of the barrel that the slide captures when closed is located too far down the barrel for the 140 to close on correctly. The results would be a barrel that flops around at the moment of discharge and you can imagine the resulting loss of accuracy and other issues.
I do not know if this is the case with the G2 series, but the difficulty in acquiring spare parts might be why no one has chimed in.
Good Luck with your search!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My pt111 g2's barrel is sloppy when the slide is full back. Never did like this but it's probably why these things can shoot any brand of ammunition. Gonna try a 24/7 barrel and see if it will work.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
My pt111 g2's barrel is sloppy when the slide is full back. Never did like this but it's probably why these things can shoot any brand of ammunition. Gonna try a 24/7 barrel and see if it will work.
I would not call it sloppy then, as it is that way by design. Sloppy would be if the barrel moved around when the slide was in battery.

As far as the threaded barrel, I think you will be hard pressed to find anything in the area of aftermarket parts for the G2.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wonder how much accuracy loss there would actually be because that bullet leaves the barrel before the slide is back. (as far as I know)

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
In 99% of locking breech pistols, that's exactly what happens. Don't let the tilt fool you, the barrel doesn't change its alignment until well after the bullet has exited the muzzle.

Reactions: DThompson1985
1 - 8 of 8 Posts