Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soes anyone have any experience with the Taurus 651 Protector series .357 mag revolver.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have one in SS, and it is one of my favorite guns to carry. It's a bit on the heavy side...but not much more than my Glock or Kahr
This is a Pic of mine:

I find it to be VERY accurate, for such a small gun. It rules the 9 ring at 7-10 yds.
Recoil is a bit much with 125grains. But, not unbearable.

I pocket carry in an uncle mikes #3 pocket holster, or smart carry, and it has never proved to heavy for either.

I was a bit apprehensive going back to Taurus,as I have had 1 bad experience. But, with this guns superb fit/finish (better than any in it's price range...deffinately better than my S&W 637), and slick styling, I hope it will provide a lifetime of shooting.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Beyond what QD has already posted, the 651 is in the same family as the 605 and the 650. There are quite a few posts covering them.

FYI, they are based on the M85 (M850, M851) line of guns that are still in production as well. The only real difference is that the M85x's are in 38 special.

As a side note, I've got a M650 that is my pocket gun.

Steelheart

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Kristop did you put the wooden grips for looks or did you find while drawing the weapon from a pocket the rubber grips grabbed the material of your pocket?

And to Qwiks, again thank you for the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
GF,
Yeah I put the grips on my self. The rubber did grab a bit(not bad tho) I bought the grips online(can't think of where right now).

I find that these boot grips really tame down the recoil. Plus, help control the muzzle flip.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have two: one in stainless and the other in titanium. Both of them have been reliable performers for me. The titanium model is my bicycling gun, and rides along with me in a handlebar bag. The light weight, corrosion resistance and being able to use it for emergency repair of my titanium bicycle (snort) make it perfect for that purpose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts