Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually have 2 questions here.

1) Does anyone have any experience with the conversion kit from Ciener for the PT92/99?

And

2) Will the PT92/99 conversion fit on a PT100AF?

I am thinking of either purchasing this kit or a Walther P22 (or maybe both) so that my son can join me and learn with something that does not have the kick of a .40. the PT100 though may be too large for his hands. He is 8 and we started with a pellet gun, and moved on to the old Remington single shot 22. I think he is ready for the pistol after learning the rules.

Here is the link if you haven't seen this accessory.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/ber-pg.htm

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I don't have a 22 conversion kit but I'd lean towards the P22 due to his hand size at this time. It will be easier for him to learn if the gun fits his hands. The 5" barrel would also help with what little recoil is there and help with the pistol safety skills vs the shorter barrel.

Now that would give you a reason to get the conversion kit for your gun so you two can both be shooting 22's....

Steelheart

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steelheart. You must be reading my mind... I kinda want the conversion for the PT100 myself.. Fun without the cost....

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've read good review of them, Taurus make a conversion kit as well, and yes if it fits a 92 it will fit a 100/101. But a P22 would be much better kids gun, my 10 yo girl really likes mine, 8 yo boy does to, but he like them all, girl only the P22. The P22 comes with interchangeable grips backs (though I've haven't changed any on mine) PT92 have a large grip, even for me an average sized guy. I guy I work with just bought 5 P22's so it shows how much some people like them & have way too much money.

David

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks for the info on the .22 conversion kit. I'm just about to 'pull the trigger' on a new PT92 and this has helped sway me toward the pistol. This site has been a real help so far.

Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks David - I actually picked up a P22 this past weekend at the gun show. Planning on getting to the range to put a couple hundred rounds through it to start the break in...

Of course I am still looking at the conversion kit for myself.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts