Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Taurus is like most gun manufacturers... they will promote a gun based on a pre-production model and if there is enough interest they will build them. I do not think anything beyond the .45 ACP has moved beyond the concept stage.

I do have to compliment Ruger and it's SP1? model... they kept it a secret until it went on sale... so as soon as you heard about it, you could buy it. Go and multiply!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cimarron said:
Taurus is like most gun manufacturers... they will promote a gun based on a pre-production model and if there is enough interest they will build them. I do not think anything beyond the .45 ACP has moved beyond the concept stage.

I do have to compliment Ruger and it's SP1? model... they kept it a secret until it went on sale... so as soon as you heard about it, you could buy it. Go and multiply!
It's actually the SR9 (9mm).

It's nice, but yet another Striker-fired weapon without second-strike capabilities. I do have to complement them on their witholding the announcement until it had actually shipped to dealers (the top Ruger dealers actually had the guns in stock on the day of the announcement - my FLGS was one of them).

I'd like to see more manufacturers do that, to get rid of the "waiting with baited breath until we pass out" that currently happens.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
1SourceWeb said:
It's actually the SR9 (9mm).
Thanks for the correction! I knew it was something like that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts