Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing how this is the lounge, here is a few of my favorites out of the humidor PICTUR19.JPG

better than White Castle and probably not as bad for you as WC

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Decent selection and I like every one of them as well. Thompson?

Sarge

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cigars International, i've found they have the best pricing overall. there are some deals at at other online dealers.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Not really a cigar expert, especially since I quit smoking altogether 22 years ago.

But, when I did smoke one I enjoyed (don't laugh, guys) a Hav-A-Tampa Jewel. :cool:

Reactions: Willboat

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got some Gurkha Park Avenue, My Father Le Bijou, Joya de Nicaragua Antaño in my humidor at the moment.
I do most of my shopping at Cigars International, sometimes Holts.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can't go wrong with cohiba, it's one of the staples like Arturo Fuente,Romeo y Julieta

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
My understanding of Cohiba is that their tobacco is grown in the Dominican Republic from cuban seed. Dunno. I know they smoke great, though. :D

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
"What the world needs is a good 5 cent cigar". Can't remember who said that. Anybody use JR Cigars.com? Check them out.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Very nice selection, I like the CAO, Rocky Patel and Gurkha the best. I have had the opportunity to have the real deal Cubans before and to be truethful there are many available in the US that are better. However I did find the Cuban Romeo and Julieta cigars to be very delightful...mmm.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Monte Christo, Romeo e Juliet, Rocky Patel (vintage) all great smokes when you have the time to enjoy them. My daily puffs are Swisher Sweets Peach ... 91 rating ... I go outside for a couple of puffs and put it out and go back on and off during the day.
I've been buying at for a while. Decent pricing and they get here in three days. Not to mention the horrendous Rhode Island taxes I avoid. Two bucks on a multi-pack like Swisher or Hav-a-Tampa.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
"What the world needs is a good 5 cent cigar". Can't remember who said that. Anybody use JR Cigars.com? Check them out.
Thomas Marshall, Vice Pres to Woodrow Wilson.

Sarge

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well, I quit smoking a long time back, but.....I still love a good cigar.....even the smell of one!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you can buy magellan dominicans from CI for $55 per 100, my eveyday cigar,cheaper than you can buy machine made at at corner store.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rocky Patel is one of my favorite cigar makers,Drew Estate i have tried many just don't like those flavors. the natural not to bad and the kuba kuba is okay but the rest i don;t like. i like maduros best.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As I type this, I am enjoying a Romeo E Jullietta alternative from JR Cigars. I buy most of mine from them. In the humidor right now is a selection to include:
H Upmann
Casa Blanca
El Rey del Mundo
Excalibur
Other JR Alternatives

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rocky Patel is one of my favorite cigar makers,Drew Estate i have tried many just don't like those flavors. the natural not to bad and the kuba kuba is okay but the rest i don;t like. i like maduros best.
Maduro wrappers are pretty much my staple. Gotta agree on the Drew Estate flavored ones, blagh. Although I do like their Tabak Especial Negra and the Tatiana Mocha.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Price isn't always an indicator of quality.

If you live in an area with a good selection, test drive a sampler, such as Thompson ships from Tampa, and you may be surprised.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts