Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about trying to find a PT 732, in .32ACP. Taurus website says that they are discontinued, but might be able to pick one up on Gunbroker. Is this a good pistol? Can anyone advise to buy or NOT to buy, based on personal experience? I'm afraid that a pistol that only weighs 10.2 ounces will have too much recoil in a larger caliber (.380) for my girlfriend's small arthritic hands. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks, .32Calibre

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one and love it. They can be a bit temperamental with ammo. Mine does not like European ammo...S&B Fiocchi or Prvi. There primers are too hard. I use Winchester Silvertips for carry but am still looking for decent range ammo. Some other caveats. Remember to reset the trigger fully forward or it will not go bang when expected. I learned that after practicing with my PT709 and PT111 which both have very short trigger resets. Also, folks think that because of the low recoil limp wristing won't be a problem....wrong! Grip as you would any other gun, tightly. I think you and your girlfriend will love it.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I have one and love it. They can be a bit temperamental with ammo. Mine does not like European ammo...S&B Fiocchi or Prvi. There primers are too hard. I use Winchester Silvertips for carry but am still looking for decent range ammo. Some other caveats. Remember to reset the trigger fully forward or it will not go bang when expected. I learned that after practicing with my PT709 and PT111 which both have very short trigger resets. Also, folks think that because of the low recoil limp wristing won't be a problem....wrong! Grip as you would any other gun, tightly. I think you and your girlfriend will love it.
Funny. Mine will take anything, S&D, Fiocchi and Prvi included, and spit back out w/ no problem at all. The only problem my 732 has had was when a newbie was limpwristing the gun. Jammed up on her until we corrected her shooting technique. Straightened back up w/o a problem, and she shot away....

·
Registered
95 Posts
CDNN still had them in stock not too long ago according to their emails. Might give them a call. 800-588-9500
Have you thought about a PT-22 or PT-25? No recoil and no slide to rack. The tip up barrel even works for my 82-year-old mother's arthritic hands. I got the Polymer PT 22 for my wife and she loves it. Loud as heck and a big muzzle blast. If I was on the wrong end of that, I'd be running.

·
32,771 Posts
The 732 is a great gun with little in the way of recoil. Recoil is very mild. I've got Corbon 60gr. JHPs in mine. The DAO trigger takes a bit of getting used to, but that is true for any polymer pistol that is this tiny.

I like the 732 better than my NAA Guardian and Beretta Tomcat.

I use mine as either a primary in summer when it is too hot to carry anything else or as a back up to a primary gun other times.

You will find 732s almost impossible to find now as Taurus only made one run of them. Taurus might start them back up but if and when are not known. Then again they might not, but a phone call might get a response. Or a suggestion post put into the "Taurus Suggestion Box" board might be appropriate.

CDNN has no firearms up for sale for sure unless you call them at 800-588-9500 and ask.

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
I see someone already mentioend CDNN!
they had I think both the blue and the stainless on flyer as closeout i think it was last week?
I would if buying one certainly try to order a couple extra magazines with the gun if possible.
Taurus has a terrible time of keeping magazines available, especially for these discontinued pistols.
a semi auto without a working magazine makes a paperweight with a trigger!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I would if buying one certainly try to order a couple extra magazines with the gun if possible.
Taurus has a terrible time of keeping magazines available, especially for these discontinued pistols.
I do not believe Taurus manufacturers magazines the moment a decisions has been made to discontinue the model. I checked several weeks ago and 732 magazines have been discontinued.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts