Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to put my hands on a 732, used or new for a CC for my wife. She is 5'3" and new to CC so I figured that would be a good fit for her, but seeing as they are discontinued, I am having a tough time locating one.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The 738 wouldn't be a bad fit for her either.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
My wife carries the 738 in pink and black and loves it. She rented it at the range and choose it over the 709. I picked the 709. If you can rent one, do it. The .380 caliber is a better defensive round than the .32. If she can shoot it, I would get the 738. I liked hers so well, that I got one for myself for pocket carry in the summer. It could be a win-win for you if she got one, but don't let her get the pink - unless you don't mind carrying a pink gun! I wouldn't, even though she offered to let me carry it when I am with her. I am thinking she just wanted to get a picture of me putting it in my pocket so she could send it to my buddies.

·
Registered
38,432 Posts
well I was going to mention CDNN but you say they are sold out!
Try larry's pistol and Pawn, I am pretty sure they ahd them listed about 2 weeks ago and i think they had the Stainless and the blue?
These weapons are discontinued so they will not be getting easier to find, and magazines (as in extra) are likely a bugger to find as well.
personally ( noticed said personally) if i were buying a semi auto for the wifes self defense I would be looking at the bersa thunder, a bit larger and a bit heavier but much easier to master, shoot, generally more accurate and a lot milder in recoil than the 738, and a good bit more power than the 32 auto, course they run about 300 bucks but have an impeccable record for dependability.
the 732 will be a lot milder in the recoil area than the 738.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I was going to mention CDNN but you say they are sold out!
Try larry's pistol and Pawn, I am pretty sure they ahd them listed about 2 weeks ago and i think they had the Stainless and the blue?
These weapons are discontinued so they will not be getting easier to find, and magazines (as in extra) are likely a bugger to find as well.
personally ( noticed said personally) if i were buying a semi auto for the wifes self defense I would be looking at the bersa thunder, a bit larger and a bit heavier but much easier to master, shoot, generally more accurate and a lot milder in recoil than the 738, and a good bit more power than the 32 auto, course they run about 300 bucks but have an impeccable record for dependability.
the 732 will be a lot milder in the recoil area than the 738.
I was thinking that the 732 would be good if I could pick one up cheaper for her that way she could eventually be shooting a 9mm or at least a 380. I called Larry's and they are also out of the 732's. I'll keep my eyes peeled on GB and hopefully luck out.

Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
My wife has the 732B, pink and black, and shoots it and operates it well. She has some issues with arthritis and can operate the slide well on it and my 738B (the 732 and 738 use the same recoil springs) but the recoil of the 380 in this sub compact is too much for her to control. I also have the Millennium Pro in both 32 ACP and 380 Auto which she has shot and the 380 in this compact pistol does not give her any problems; however, she cannot operate the slide. That leaves her 732B which she is shooting very well as she masters conceal carry defensive shooting.

The 32 ACP is often dogged but it serves a purpose for some, it is a real shame that Taurus dropped the 732 but sales are sales. There are three ladies in my extended family packing it in daily carry and I would hate to be the person that puts them in a life threatening situation.

Oh, I have one as well. Carried it to dinner in town this afternoon in the Bulldog.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 32 ACP is often dogged but it serves a purpose for some, it is a real shame that Taurus dropped the 732 but sales are sales. There are three ladies in my extended family packing it in daily carry and I would hate to be the person that puts them in a life threatening situation.
I read something the other day that actually had more penetration on a 32 round nose as compared to a 380 HP, that is one of the things, along with the recoil factor that made me think that this would be a good CC for her. Better to have the shots on target in my opinion.

·
Registered
38,432 Posts
I read something the other day that actually had more penetration on a 32 round nose as compared to a 380 HP, that is one of the things, along with the recoil factor that made me think that this would be a good CC for her. Better to have the shots on target in my opinion.
Well yea but thats kind of like a Corvete and a Corvair showing up at a race track and the corvair driver saying yea but i get a lot better gas mileage!
you are comparing a projectile thats designed to expand/ mushroom and deliver energy into the target while reducing overpenetration to a projectile designed to not do most any of these things.
If I remember correctly the 380 has about a 35%-40% advantage over the 32 auto in energy levels.
But I think we all pretty much agree that shot placement is the more important thing , and of course reduced recoil for those sensitive to recoil is certainly a big consideration.
uncomfortable recoil generally adds to more shooter faults/problems the longer they own the weapon.

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Yup, what Good Man Olfarhors says...

But I am more and more turning to the TCP 732 as my carry as I find my 738 and LCP more difficult to shoot...

Oh, My 731 revolver shooting the same 32acp ammo is a dream to shoot, also....

·
33,637 Posts
The 732 is a fine gun. It's a backup for my PT709 and sometimes the 732 is a main gun due to certain conditions. I've got a Bulldog case to carry the 732 in for CCW carry.
Here' the case for the .32ACP.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/74023-rerun-case-32acp.html

I'm a believer in the .32 ACP for good reasons and for me the .380 ACP recoil in the mini-pistols is tough on the arm,wrist,and arms. Yet I shoot more powerful handguns.

The 732 provides enough rounds for most situations and I carry a spare magazine for it. I also own a NAA Guardian and a Beretta 3032 Tomcat, but the 732 gets most of the use. It seems to be more user friendly by a bit than the other .32ACP pistols.

I also own several Taurus PT132s (no longer made) and a CZ83 ( no longer made) which are bigger than the 732.

Just for your info there is this.
Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com

Gun Broker has 2 PT132s for sale right now and CZ83s, but the CZs are all in .380ACP. Nothing wrong with that.

The PT132 and CZ83s are also a bit more user friendly than the smaller 732 and give a velocity boost to the ammo used.

I use only JHPs in all of my pistols regardless of caliber and for ethical and moral reasons.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The 732 is a fine gun. It's a backup for my PT709 and sometimes the 732 is a main gun due to certain conditions. I've got a Bulldog case to carry the 732 in for CCW carry.
Here' the case for the .32ACP.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/74023-rerun-case-32acp.html

I'm a believer in the .32 ACP for good reasons and for me the .380 ACP recoil in the mini-pistols is tough on the arm,wrist,and arms. Yet I shoot more powerful handguns.

The 732 provides enough rounds for most situations and I carry a spare magazine for it. I also own a NAA Guardian and a Beretta 3032 Tomcat, but the 732 gets most of the use. It seems to be more user friendly by a bit than the other .32ACP pistols.

I also own several Taurus PT132s (no longer made) and a CZ83 ( no longer made) which are bigger than the 732.

Just for your info there is this.
Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com

Gun Broker has 2 PT132s for sale right now and CZ83s, but the CZs are all in .380ACP. Nothing wrong with that.

The PT132 and CZ83s are also a bit more user friendly than the smaller 732 and give a velocity boost to the ammo used.

I use only JHPs in all of my pistols regardless of caliber and for ethical and moral reasons.
Thank you for the information Re: the 132 as well. I did come across the 732 on GB, but it is just above the price point that I had in mind, especially when you factor in the price that FFL's are getting for transfers lately.

I will continue to keep my eyes out for a good deal, I have an older PT58S as my daily CC which is bulky, but not too bad. I think that would be overkill for my wife to carry though, thought the 732 would be a better fit, but who knows.

·
33,637 Posts
Let's look at the .380ACP pistols for a moment. The PT58 could be a candidate with the Beretta 84 or 85 coming in at a good tie.
The CZ83 is a fine gun in either caliber.

My CZ83 is actually a .32ACP version with 15 rounds per magazine. Those are hard to find as it is, but might be a consideration.

Since this is about a gun for her how about if she looks at the links in my signature and the sticky threads in the Bustles,Bows, and Bullets board. Ignore the Ruger links for now.

If the wife takes a basic women only or basic pistol course through either the NRA or the National Shooting Sports Foundation then she can decide what gun/ammo caliber combos will work for her.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If the wife takes a basic women only or basic pistol course through either the NRA or the National Shooting Sports Foundation then she can decide what gun/ammo caliber combos will work for her.
Agreed, I'm trying not to choose it for her, but rather give her an option, I figure worst case scenario, I have another CC. I'll have to check out what is being held around home and put her on the case. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
38,432 Posts
A little in a different direction but i always felt the 32 magnum (32 H & R) 32 Long/short etc, was almost an ideal carry gun for a lady, especially if she was a noob or had problems with recoil.
IT being a revolver the chance of a malfunction is almost nil.
it carried 6 rounds ( as opposed to 5 in the 3 8 was a tad lighter and shorter, i think taurus even had a 3 inch barrel that was ported??
unfortunatley these were also discontinued i believe but if you could find one another great gun in my opinion, and bunches of variations in power and performance with varied ammunition.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.