Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sig is one caliber I've been enamored with. Seems to get the .355 bullet out there in a compact package. I've loaded the .40 and load 9mm, .357 mag, 45 AP, .44 Magnum. Nothing I need but seems to be a performer.

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
I am not, but seem to recall that olfarhors loads them up.

Reactions: MoKen

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have been intrigued with it myself. Though I haven’t ventured enough to get one, but the next auto-loader I get would probably be one. I think it is different enough to be interesting but powerful enough to be useful.

Here is a video on its effectiveness....

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I have that caliber in a barrel conversion for a Beretta 96-A1. The barrel also fits my Taurus PT-101P. The accuracy out of both guns are amazingly accurate. I don’t shoot it enough to justify handloading it, but I’m saving the brass just in case I change my mind later down the road.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I shoot and reload it. I use 7 gr of HS-6 in a 125 gr powder coated bullet . Pic is of 45ACP and 357 Sig.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
I’ve got a G22 and G23 - both Gen 4. Have the 357 SIG conversion bbl for each. I rarely shoot my G22 but the G23 (in 357 SIG configuration) gets carried often - especially in this cooler weather/heavy clothing time of year.

Don’t reload for it but check with william. When at my last S Dakota event, he as policing a lot of 357 SIG brass.

Reactions: MoKen

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have a Glock 23 with a 357 Sig conversion barrel and a Sig 226 in that caliber. It is my woods carry caliber when not carrying a revolver. I don't understand why it is not a more popular round.

·
Registered
37,067 Posts
I am not, but seem to recall that olfarhors loads them up.
NOPE!
missed that caliber, mostly cause I got the 38 Super and the 10 MM, kind of got both sides of the 357 Sig covered.
same reason that I don't own a 40 S & W.
do have a good friend that reloads it however, he uses a 125 -130 grain projectile and vito--vvite-viveter-- ahh that foreign powder and he swears by the performance and accuracy.
with all reveal here he is a top level rife competitor and teaches so he kind of knows the basics of accuracy and reloading competing in 1000 yards comp.
its a very interesting caliber and a good one in MY opinion.

Reactions: Panda and MoKen

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I'm currently stalking the Glock 33. I can get it new for $398 and I'm really intrigued by the round. Wish I could find the PT957 for less than $800.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
I'm currently stalking the Glock 33. I can get it new for $398 and I'm really intrigued by the round. Wish I could find the PT957 for less than $800.
Whatcha waitin’ for?

In all due fairness, while I’m a Glock fan, I’m not a fan of their subcompacts. My G23 is essentially a G32 with the conversion bbl.

·
Registered
220 Posts
G33 is a great concealable weapon with a very dependable, powerful round. Plus you can put a G27 barrel in it and you can purchase a storm lake 9mm conversion barrel in it and have 3 calibers in one frame. Win Win 😉

·
Registered
28,095 Posts
I have a couple, and I like them OK, but recently both range time and money have been in short supply. I have alternatives that are cheaper and easier to work with so I'm not seeing an advantage to them. Same energy as a .40 S&W and .40 ammo and components are much more readily available.
When loading for .357 SIG, I have had trouble finding out what the terminal ballistics are for .355 hollowpoints are like at ~1400 fps.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
The only thing I am sure of, about loading for my 10 mm, is that I don't like using Blue Dot. FPS is ALL over the place, therefore ..... :confused:

I like 10 mm and I'm still in the research stage, but have been concentrating on other calibers.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
There is a nice review article on modern gunpowder/propellants in the current (December 2018 ) Guns And Ammo. Meant to be an introduction to propellant chemistry and manufacturing it does a good job of explaining how and why the different products on the market work. Commenting on it here but will post it under the “Reloading” sub forum if you would like to review it.

Here’s a link to that post: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...article-modern-day-gunpowder-propellants.html

·
Registered
37,067 Posts
The only thing I am sure of, about loading for my 10 mm, is that I don't like using Blue Dot. FPS is ALL over the place, therefore ..... :confused:

I like 10 mm and I'm still in the research stage, but have been concentrating on other calibers.
I use the same old HS-6 and Accurate # 5 for my 10 mm loads , same as for the 9 MM, 38 Super, and 45 acp. seems to work well for me, now in all truth I lean more to the lighter projectiles in my 10 MM.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts