Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to stay out of that Pawnshop. Same pawnshop that my wife likes to go and pick up PS3 games for the grand kiddos and got her last two wheel guns from, an SW Airweight .38 and a Taurus Ti .44SPL.

We go in there and Mike starts up with "c'mere and check this out, just got out of pawn yesterday and cheep for ya today, $500!"

"Mike, I just paid our property taxes, I'm flat broke my friend...ummmm..lemme see it".

So I'm looking at it, handling and inspecting the cylinders and barrel. The cylinders have a faint circular etching and Mike tells me that he's already feeler gauged the head spacing between the clyinder and barrel and its still within tolerances and that he places that piece between very good and excellent. There's no scuffing or holster wear, beautiful piece.

"I really can't Mike, I don't see any sunshine until April after these hickies on our property taxes, bud"

So then Jude comes to the gun counter with one PS3 Game and Mike goes thru his pained, hmming and hawin' look and finally says" I'll tell ya what, $450 and I'll split the tax with ya, four months layaway and chunk in the PS3 Game for Jude"

Before I can reciprocate with the pained look and hmmmin' and hawin' dance with him, Jude pipes up and says " he'll take it and he owes me prime rib and lobster for Valentines Day"!

So, I just bought a Ruger Redhawk .44mag, and lordy its a beauty! Only pic I gots is a web pic. and hopefully I don't hafta wait til May to take some pics of it.

Mike is a good kid, a Desert Storm Marine Vet and deals very fairly with people at his shop. Can I drop a link to his shop? I know there's several Fort Worth members in here too. Mods, edit this if you wish.

Fort Worth Pawn Shop Buy Firearms Gold Pawn Loans Pawnshop Cash Fast Cash
At DFW pawnshops, business isn't all bright and shiny | News | News from Fort Worth, Dal...

·
Super Moderator
36,371 Posts
That is one gorgeous revolver, congrats on the new firearm and Happy Valentines day! :D

·
Registered
32,004 Posts
I think the Red Hawk is a work of art, I smile on the few occasions I see a used one at a gun shop. If they had been made when Eastwood was making the Dirty Harry movies, I know S & W would have missed out.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the Red Hawk is a work of art, I smile on the few occasions I see a used one at a gun shop. If they had been made when Eastwood was making the Dirty Harry movies, I know S & W would have missed out.
ok..what was Dirty Harry's .44? They were S&W..right

·
Registered
32,004 Posts
Model 29 S & W. In one of the movies, they didn't have a 29 model available as a prop gun and used the model that was similar in a .357 mag instead, I think a model 27 but don't want to take the time to look it up, it was the model carried by the Highway patrol.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
The movie actually called it a Model 29 .44 Magnum, but in actuality they didn't have a Model 29 on the set and the Movie was shot with a S & W Model 57 41 Magnum. They just pretended it was a .44 Magnum. Ya gotta love Hollyweird!

Congrats on the Redhawk they are very nice!

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
32,004 Posts
^^^^^I defer to Big Skiff being smarter than me on this one, it's been a while since I read that piece of movie trivia. ^^^^^

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
A great revolver at a great price, you did very well for yourself in that transaction! :)

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats on the buy - I shot one for the first time late last year and absolutely loved it!!!!!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on putting your money down on a very nice find!

I know you'll be counting the days (and dollars) until you can finally go in and pay that magnificent revolver off and bring it home.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Congrats.... I love a great PAWN shop story. I was laughing so hard the wife asked what? I read her your posting and she said... He could be a member of your new PSA club... Pawn shop anonymous !!! I start my conversations with "" so I am in this pawn shop and ......""

Again congrats and great shooting to you.....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I am glad your spouse jumped on board with this one, its a very nice piece. Cant beat a good pawn shop deal.:)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
What an absolute beauty. I'm jealous. Seems a few years ago you could get a NIB like yours for something fairly reasonable.

Six years ago I nailed a Smith 686 Plus at Gander (believe it or not) on sale for $435. They matched a gun on sale at Sportsman's Whse and then cut 20% (their annual sale). I wanted a Redhawk but none were available in my area.

I still lust for a .44 from Ruger.

·
Registered
29,773 Posts
Nice .44!

Thanks for the link vonzipper, I've been looking for a good pawnshop that sells firearms.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts