Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while cleaning my 24/7 pro ls ds today I saw what looked like a date stamp in the poly lower in what I would call the spring well under the slide well of the lower about 1in in from the front tip of the lower, it is a stamped circle with a year date in the center and then numbers from 1 to 12 going around the outside of the circle, the date that taurus customer service told me my weapon was make matched up with the numbers I found on the circle, so if some of you guys cant get your weapons age from using the ser number look up on the taurus web page can prob get it from looking at this date stamp

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
That numbering system is used by most die casters to indicate the date the item was cast, they use it to determine lot #'s and trace castings if they find a problem with them. It may not indicate the actual manufacture date of the completed assembly since most times the parts can spend considerable time sitting in stock, but it should be close.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I fig that seeing that it wasnt a ser numbered part, but mine was the same month and yr as cs told me my weapon was, so mine was spot on but that doesnt mean all would be.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
:nopics:

·
Registered
36,015 Posts
That numbering system is used by most die casters to indicate the date the item was cast, they use it to determine lot #'s and trace castings if they find a problem with them. It may not indicate the actual manufacture date of the completed assembly since most times the parts can spend considerable time sitting in stock, but it should be close.
Yes Sir, i agree!
I would think that the actual production date is listed as the date that it goes off the asembly line and is so logged in the manufactures log out book.
which as mentioned may or may not correspond to the poly date.
OF course if your Serial number is not found on the web site then you can call C/S and they can normally get it off the main computer, i have done thsi a couple times when it wasn't on the web site.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the post & pics, I had seen that stamping and wondered about it.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Doesn't always match.
My 24/7 date stamp as above is 5/09.
Taurus says the pistol was made 12/10 by the serial no.
So my lower sat in stock for a long time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine said 6/06, and the website says mine was made in 2006. Is there a site or does anyone know the production dates for the 24/7 Pro? I'm curious where mine fits in time wise.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Mine said 6/06, and the website says mine was made in 2006. Is there a site or does anyone know the production dates for the 24/7 Pro? I'm curious where mine fits in time wise.
From what I could find it was introduced in 2004.
Apparently some models discontinued in Dec. 2009, like mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts