Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
9,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Trigger Air gun Everyday carry Gun barrel

These are both recent purchases and considered duty or service size pistols. The Sig was born around 2006, the M&P is a newborn from 2021. The Sig was about $650 otd and the M&P found for cheap on GB for $415 otd. Oh in case you don't know S&W has released there new versions of the M&P 2.0's with the new style trigger. I hope to pick one up in 2022 to review.
Motor vehicle Wood Ammunition Bumper Toy

The 226 is a DA/SA hammer fired pistol with de-cocker, my version holds 17+1 or 20+1. The M&P9 is striker fired with a 17+1 capacity, both of these are in 9mm.
Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Groundcover Grass

My P226 weighs 32.1 oz's unloaded with mag, and 39.9 oz's with 17+1 of 124 grain ball ammo. The OAL is 7.7", OAW is 1.5", height is 5.5" and the barrel is 4.4" long. If you've had the pleasure of shooting a 226, you know what the draw is. If not, it has a very smooth trigger pull in both DA and SA. I installed a SRT kit, reduced power hammer and sear springs and polished the sear, rails etc.. As with my previous 226's this one is a smooth and accurate shooter. DA pull is 5lbs 13 oz's, SA is 2lbs 14 oz's. SA reset is just under 1/8". I also added a set of Talon pro grips over the factory grip panels, they were a bit too slippery for me.
Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Grass

The M&P 9 weighs 28 oz's with an unloaded magazine and 35.8 oz's with 18 rounds of 124 grain ammo. The OAL is 7.4", OAW is 1.3", height is 5.5" and the barrel is 4.25" long. People either like M&P's or hate them, because of the hinged trigger. The ergo's are very nice and like all my M&P's it is very accurate. This comes with 4 back straps ( I have the largest installed) and two 17 round magazines. I install the Mcarbo kits in most of my M&P's, and like my others, I only upgrade the lower. If I do the upper as well the trigger pull runs about a pound lighter than I am comfortable with. This one has a trigger pull at 3lb's 14 oz's.
Green Gadget Games Electronic device Machine

The shotgun looking hits are a bad reload...arghhh! I tested before I began running 400 of that load,,arghhh! But they do not run accurately for either of these pistols. But with good reloads I am averaging 3.5" group at 15 yards, and after I settled in, both pistols were giving me 2" groups. Even with the difficult 2.5" head shots. Both pistols shot very well for me, with the M&P slightly better than the 226. I would recommend either for home defense or duty carry..I imagine someone will say that they can carry IWB with these. IMO there are much better choices for that style of carry. For now the Sig joins my 90's metal guns rack along with the CZ75B, Beretta 92A1, and the S&W 5906. The S&W will sit on my poly pistols racks for occasional fun and maybe home defense in the future, but for now my Glock 21SF has that role. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
15 yards is not an easy distance to group well with most pistols, so in light of that you did pretty good.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
i'm not gonna stand down range of ya!
Thank's for the review.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Administrator
18,650 Posts
Excellent review and congratulations! :) Very nice pair of Pistols you have there! :cool: Like the work you have done with them and good shooting! :)
Hope you get your reloads sorted out. I know what it's like to make a production run of loads that prove less than adequate.
One cast bullet supplier I no longer use, shipped me Bullets that were .455 instead of .452 diameter, and I did not catch it until my Dillon 650 had loaded all of them. :rolleyes:

Back in 1994, I had a SigArms P226 and sold it off for quite a profit, due to the 1994 "Crime" Bill. I probably should have kept it, but I was really into Cz75's and their clones at that time and did not miss it. I could go for another one, someday.

I find myself really attracted to that S&W M&P 2.0 and I actually like the S&W hinged trigger, as that is what my S&W SW9VE has. I like the way my Trigger Finger fits the curve of that trigger.
I like the work you have done with the M&P 2.0's Trigger, and appreciate you're not going any further with it! M&P 2.0's in 9mm and .45 ACP are on my "wants" list.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Excellent review ! Great shooting, too!!

Both these guns are top notch...I own the S&W 2.0 9MM with the 3.6" barrel...never a hitch with that handgun through three combat pistol courses. I have never owned a P226 but do own the P220 (1992) and qualified expert with it out of the box.

·
Super Moderator
22,148 Posts
Great review! Personally I think everyone should own a SIG 226. That and a nice 1911, I just love my 226, it's an older version so it does not have a rail. I can see why it would make a great duty gun or home defense. It's a little heavy to cart around all day unless you use a quality belt and holster.
I also have a G2C that I carry and it's nice that the SIG mags fit in that gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts