Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know tauruses stellar clips aren't exactly the most robust and positive method of holding 5 rounds of 9mm togeather.

I've come up with this idea of using an O ring around the outer circumference of the clip assembly in the cartridges extractor groove to hold things togeather. Just to be clear theO ringed assembly will not work in the revolver, the o ring increases headspace too much. However the rounds are held quite white securely and the rubber O ring itself can be easily removed with just a flick of the thumbnail much quicker than a 2 at a time speed strip.

I definitely plan on testing this more.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I would appreciate your report and wonder how about a rubber band.

Well, I might as well admit, I tried using a sticker I cut out of shipping labels... thought I could stick the cut out over the rounds, (they fired fine through the paper placed right over the top of the rounds) and then eject them all at once... WRONG!!!! the contact glue got hot and messy, the extractor tore the sticker material and I had to pick the rounds out of the cly...
I will stick with the stellar clips. I ordered 5 packs when I bought the gun ans have only tossed ONE in the garbage.... not due to my handling (had the son at the range).

I have learned that when I load the rounds in the clips or take the cases out, I "twist" them in and out. Kinda like they are threaded.
Rather than push or jerk them out. pushing or jerking can bend the stellar clips small tips and cause a round to fall out or worse let the round back out and jam the cylinder so it cant rotate... not good in self defense conditions...

One last thought, I found that certain medicine RX bottles are the right diameter and you can actually carry a couple of loaded stellar clips in them in my pocket.. Beats a speed loader and keeps the rounds clean, lint free and protects the clips all at once.

Keep me posted on your experiment!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts