Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but came up empty on rear sight matches for G2 compacts. I'm looking for a laser sight for the G2c that doesn't mount under the barrel, I had a hard enough time finding a good holster don't want to have to search again for one that will fit the laser. I found Laserlyte that mounts in place of the rear sight but it doesn't specify G2c. The one I found fits Millennium Pro PT111, PT140, and PT145. Do any of these have compatible sight with the G2c?

1097482940_4240325811_full.jpg

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I have the same thought every time I see one of those Laserlyte's - how well is it going to hold up with the violent shaking it's going to get riding on top of the slide? And my other thought is that it looks like a mousekesight when you view it from the rear. :D And the last problem I have with them is that lasers work both ways - not only do they tell you where the poi is, they tell the target where you are. I much prefer a nice set of tritium night sights. Just some other stuff to think about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same thing when I first saw them but then I watched a video of someone taking their gun with the sights equipped and used them to hammer a nail into a board. I haven't seen any complaints about the sights yet either. I really don't care about the looks, just that they function. And as far as someone seeing the dot and firing at me, I don't plan on hunting with them, a laser for me is more of draw, see dot on target, and fire.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I thought the same thing when I first saw them but then I watched a video of someone taking their gun with the sights equipped and used them to hammer a nail into a board. I haven't seen any complaints about the sights yet either. I really don't care about the looks, just that they function. And as far as someone seeing the dot and firing at me, I don't plan on hunting with them, a laser for me is more of draw, see dot on target, and fire.
Don't you have to turn it on first? The way I was taught years ago was to get the proper purchase on the pistol (straight line from muzzle to elbow), look over the rear sight and put the front sight about 8" low of where you want the strike of the round to occur and pull. Hit's on man-sized targets are real easy that way, and I don't know of anything that's faster. But it doesn't matter what I like - by all means do whatever you're comfortable with. In answer to your original question, the 3rd gen milpros have dovetailed sights, and unless I'm mistaken the G2C doesn't have a dovetail in the back. Am I mistaken, or is that correct for your pistol?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts