Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
those how the British banned the guns, they used some recent shootings as a spring board to ban the guns outright.

dont think we have to worry about an out right ban but yup, the anti's look at this last month like it's christmas.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Very sad to say the least. My prayers go out to all the victims and their families. This couldn't have happened at worse. I'm concerned how this is going to effect the upcomming elections in Chicago. The Demo running for City Attorney is pushing hard for an all out ban of guns within the Chicago city limits. God help us all in Illinois if this guy gets ellected.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Well we gotta turn it around, I'm tired of these people bathing in the victims blood just to push their agenda, we need to ask them why they put up victim disarmament zones, we need to ask them what are they doing to repair the mental health care system that turns a blind eye to people that need to be hospitalized legitimately and causing these problems in the first place. We need to ask them why they aren't doing the things that will really make society safer and why they a advocating useless legislation that only hurts law abiding citizens. Okay, getting of my soapbox now.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
My first thoughts when I saw the story, was geeze! IL, they have so many restrictions on firearms, and here we go again!!
What good did the restrictions do?

·
Registered
878 Posts
So far they haven't released the shooters name, and I hope they don't. These sickos thrive on publicity and I don't think they should get their "15 minutes of fame". My condolences to the families and friends of the victims.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
This is crazy :mad:...seems like every month :'(
Pray for these families....

I watched something yesterday on the news.
Some people brought up that teachers and students should be able to carry on campus, Yowsa ... talk about stirring up a hornets nest :eek:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks like another mass murder/suicide. They'll be dead and famous but nobody will remember their name. We just remember all the senseless death. :???:

·
22,058 Posts
This may seen to be bad for gun owners but it also proves once again that gun free zones kill. We all know if some of the people present were properly trained and armed the death toll would not be as high. If someone wants to kill they will find a way. Bat, knife, car, meatcleaver.. Again we see the results of modern child raising. Kids for some time now don't seem to be given the same respct for human life that most of the generations before have. Also I have noticed from my son attending the public school system is there is no conflict resolution. When 2 students have a problem there is no right or wrong. Both are punished but the conflict is not resolved. If you are bullied and react you are punished not the bully. Kids are not allowed to work out there conflicts the old fashioned way. All this stuff together with many other factors has increased violence in younger people. Just my opinion..

Pray for these families....
Ditto

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stephpd said:
Looks like another mass murder/suicide. They'll be dead and famous but nobody will remember their name. We just remember all the senseless death. :???:
If these A-holes plan on offing themselves in the end, I wish they'd start with that step!

airwrench said:
it also proves once again that gun free zones kill. We all know if some of the people present were properly trained and armed the death toll would not be as high.
The animal that walked into that big church about 2 months ago with over 1,000 rds and several gun was, I'm sure, thinking that the church would be gun-free. They said he was headed for the mezanine-level balconies. With a field of fire like that, the death toll would have been HORRIFIC! Thank God that that little lady was willing to place herself in harm's way and stood her ground. The 6 that were killed was tragedy enough.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
dbsoundguy said:
I watched something yesterday on the news.
Some people brought up that teachers and students should be able to carry on campus, Yowsa ... talk about stirring up a hornets nest :eek:
not all students would be old enough but some would and if they have a CHL i dont think it's such bad idea my self.. so maybe not everyone would be armed but at least a few would and it only takes 1 to stop the gunman.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
joe sixpack said:
it only takes 1 to stop the gunman.
Amen to THAT!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
And they fail to mention the majority of these shooters are drugged up by or recently stopped taking there "serotonin re-uptake inhibitors" ,or other anti-depresents that they try to push on so many people who just have anxiety,insomnia, or other problems that 80% of people experience at one time or another. They are even trying to disarm our soldiers who have come back from war due to mental disorders from shell shock.

Then they continue to tell us how low,10-15 shot capacity ,small compact pistols, in small calibers such as 9mm and .22lr are "assault weapons". Like the glock19 and walther p22 used in the VT shooting.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
they said he used a hi-point as one of the guns, im not sure which one but no hi-point holds more then 10 rounds.. the standard mags on a c9 (9mm) only holds 8..

not that it should matter how many bullets the gun holds, i suppose their logic is if it shoots slowly or has to be reloaded a lot then the shooter can't kill as many people the problem with that logic is he's already shot everyone he's going to and killed him self before teh cops even show up.. not to mention you'll just carry more then one gun to avoid reloading.. which was exactly the case here he had a shotgun and 3 pistols.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I think it's a great idea to allow carry on campus. If now by the students, have the teachers carry. Of course the concealed carry course would be required and minimum age of 21. I think if I were in college I would be carrying. I'd rather pay the $25 fine than pay with my life.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
you know i was just thinking about this.. it was in a single room correct?

what would have happened had everyone instead of running away ran towards him.. from the accounts i've heard on tv he was not that far away from the crowd.

he shot 18 people and 5 died.. chases are had everyone mobbed him he would have shot and killed less people before they took him down..

the thing is how do you fight human nature to run away? and without knowing everyone else is going to rush him you dont want to be the only one to try it and be killed for sure..

logically i think rushing him would have been the best but self preservation and lack of coordination is to strong in these situations, and no one wants to be in the front of the line.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I think my first instinct would be to drop to the floor. Then I would want to place a few (8-10) rounds in their center of mass. Just like the silouette targets at the range. And after that, no more threat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts