Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wisconsin sheriff says he released an ad calling on residents to defend themselves because the old model of having a citizen call 911 and wait for help isn't always the best option.In the ad, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. tells residents that when it comes to personal safety: "I need you in the game." He urges citizens to learn to use firearms so they can "fight back" until authorities arrive.
The ad has drawn sharp criticism from other area officials. The president of the Milwaukee Deputy Sheriffs' Association, Roy Felber, says it sounds like a call to vigilantism.
But Clarke says he can either whine about budget cuts that have reduced the number of deputies or call on citizens to work with officers in some situations.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,732 Posts
He gets my vote!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Wisconsin sheriff says he released an ad calling on residents to defend themselves because the old model of having a citizen call 911 and wait for help isn't always the best option.In the ad, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. tells residents that when it comes to personal safety: "I need you in the game." He urges citizens to learn to use firearms so they can "fight back" until authorities arrive.
The ad has drawn sharp criticism from other area officials. The president of the Milwaukee Deputy Sheriffs' Association, Roy Felber, says it sounds like a call to vigilantism.
But Clarke says he can either whine about budget cuts that have reduced the number of deputies or call on citizens to work with officers in some situations.
So what does Mr. Felber recommend? After you call 9-1-1 and while waiting for a LEO to arrive you invite the intruder to sit down for a cup of coffee and try to figure out how society failed him?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Evening local news on KRTV, Great Falls Montana, reported that 5 county sheriffs in Montana have stated their intension to not administer the new laws being discussed.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Vigilantism? Bullcaca!
That's nowhere near the definition of the word.

Protecting your self/home/property is a defensive act.

Reactions: aphdmansoc

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
If you want to know what vigilantism is talk to this man.

Movie Action film Revolver White-collar worker Suit

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
First off, you wouldn`t have to tell me twice, and second, that has been my game plan from the start! It`s good to see and hear that there are people in a possition of authority with common sense.:shooter:

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
It's good to see some common sense in this world nowdays. In my opinion LEOs have an impossible job today. They are understaffed/underfunded. That said, it is up to us to protect our families and ourselves. LE will clean up the mess.

·
Registered
204 Posts
He can count my household in.

·
Super Moderator
20,112 Posts
If you want to know what vigilantism is talk to this man.

View attachment 46104
Might need to go through an intermediary though - maybe that Lisa Williams from the TV? Seriously, this dude can really be tough to get a hold of . . .

In the mean time, I will dial 1911, the long distance version of 911. Response time measured in milliseconds . . . . .

Reactions: aphdmansoc

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yeah - this guy tells it straight - has been forced to lay off staff and may be at odds with the mayor but does not give a shit - check the video on Ricochet Rabbit's post. If it's the one I saw earlier it ROCKS!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Might need to go through an intermediary though - maybe that Lisa Williams from the TV? Seriously, this dude can really be tough to get a hold of . . .

In the mean time, I will dial 1911, the long distance version of 911. Response time measured in milliseconds . . . . .
True enough...but his spirit is with us. Vigilante justice often gets a bad wrap. My understanding of its roots based on communal response to lack of legitimate authority being present. Community "policing" without the formal structure being present or effective.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts