Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can't fix stupid either. It's really sad to lose a loved one to disease or accident, but losing someone to a whacko's whim is just unacceptable.

·
Administrator
39,354 Posts
Whenever I see incidents like this one, I wonder if the shooter started out, with the intent to kill themselves. Or, after the fact, thought better of what was done, then made that decision. We'll never know. Sad thing.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
This is beyond stupid it is the sign of a sick mind. No amount of legislation will prevent these acts from happening. If it was't a gun it would have been poison, a knife or even worse a fatal car crash causing possibly even more death and lives affected.

·
Registered
591 Posts
yes another sad incident, it wont be the first or last, i just feel sorry for the people who did not need to die and of course my heart goes out to the families that are left behind.

no amount of gun control can stop this.

·
5,686 Posts
These type of things are so hard on so many people. A week before Christmas a 30yr old mother killed her boyfriend and three small children in a small town close to us. Lots of people here knew them and were shocked that she would do this. As the story kept unfolding it was discovered that before she was born, her father shot and killed his first wife. Apparently spent zero jail time on 'reason of insanity'. This woman was diagnosed bipolar disorder but was not taking medication. I suppose for the normal person this is hard to wrap your brain around. Obviously she was not mentally stable. People who are mentally stable don't go around shooting their children. On one hand I feel very sorry for her, she must have been in the worst place possible. Despair, fear, anguish.....etc.. I have a hard time judging someone like that. On the other hand It makes me angry that something like this happened. Sometimes we just don't understand and are not suppose to.

Authorities Confirm Mother Killed Her 3 Children, Boyfriend, Herself - Yahoo! News

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
These accounts of where some thoughtless miscreat shoots and kills family members and then turns the gun on themselves just enrage me to no end!

If they are so tired of living that they want to check out of this world, so be it; but in Heaven's name, why would anyone care little enough about their own children to murder them in cold blood?

It has been prophecied that in the last days a man's enemies shall be those of his own household. Here are two more examples of that prophecy being fulfilled.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I'll never, never understand these things! Just what causes the mind to be able to justify doing something like this. Their mind's just not functioning in a stable mode when those decisions are made! May God forgive them!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
What is truly sad is the fact that many times these things happen because of mental illness including depression and due to the social stigma along with legal and work related problems associated with mental problems people do not seek treatment for these conditions.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Prayers to the families, you can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Apparently he had his guns taken from him in 2008 as he had threatened to harm himself. In the UK the police can confiscate guns if the mental health of the owner is in doubt.

They allowed them back after some time. Obviously a mistake.

The BBC is a very left-wing organisation, and presented some figures in a biased way. The facts are that there are 142000 firearms licences in the UK, and in the year 2009/2010 there were 40 fatal firearms incidents.

Of which 14% (14% sounds a lot doesn't it?) were with legally held firearms.

Notice the word 'incidents' this could mean murders, or accidents, but this was not pointed out in the report.

However, 14% 0f 40 is 5.6 'incidents'.

Now, I don't claim to be a mathmatician but I make 5.6 to be 0.394% of 142000. Pretty good safety record if you ask me.

I think I got the math wrong, 0.00352%

1 - 11 of 11 Posts