Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled across it on the internet. Long story to it but was a good deal (349.00). Was looking for something else. It's the 1911A1 FS .45.acp. It has a March 2011 test fire date. NIB. Got it all cleaned, lubed, etc. I always take them all the way down and bathe/scrub them in mineral spirits. Too cold for me to do that in the garage. Wife was gone so I decided to test Dawn liquid in the kitchen. Worked great removing the preservative goop and smelled good. Used one of her Pyrex dishes but I got it cleaned, dried, and put away. Put on another set of Ergo rubber grips. I really like those. The large billboard was actually the gold colored one. Looks white in the pics, but not lily white like they were. In person it looks silver. Thought about cold bluing it but I'm good with it. This is another one to be roughed up if need be. I'll run a few hundred through it and see if it too (did my Norinco) needs an EGW angled barrel bushing. That's about it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I thought this thread was about Rocks....

a%20rock.jpg

Reactions: bamashooter

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very nice!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Super nice pistol at a great price!:thumb:

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Forgot to mention though irrelevant, I replaced the factory recoil 18.5 lb. recoil spring with a Wolff 16 lb. and firing pin spring.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Very nice!

·
22,843 Posts
welcome from New Mexico.JPG

Great deal on a great pistol!

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Looks nice! Good find.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Definitely a nice rock you picked up, congrats.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I like the clean lines of the gun.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,185 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks all. Finally took it out back today and fired 70 rounds. No malfunctions. Just did random firing on the first 4 magazines and as fast as I could dump them on the other six. I'll see how it's dialed in the next few days.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts