Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a Glock 28 as a back up to my back up ;)

I've been curious for a while now to see what a Glock in .380 ACP feels like to fire.
The Glock 25 and 28 are the only 2 Glock pistols to operate on the blowback principle.
Which is part of the reason they are not sold in the U.S.

The Glock 25 and 28 are not available to the civilian market in the United States.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Once you get it please let us know how it compares to the other Glocks you've used.

Is it legal for these to be on the used market? This mainly a curiosity question but eventually some will make it there.

Steelheart

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Just ordered a Glock 28 as a back up to my back up ;)

The Glock 25 and 28 are the only 2 Glock pistols to operate on the blowback principle.
Which is part of the reason they are not sold in the U.S.

The Glock 25 and 28 are not available to the civilian market in the United States.
You mean your gonna get a weapon that is not legal to be sold to the civilian market?? :mad: For shame! :p What are we going to do with you! :D Who has that phone # to the ATF!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
just because it's not sold to civilians does'nt mean it's not legal.. perfect example is "G" model berettas.. they are decocker only with no safety.

they're sold to LE.. but legal for civilians to own just the same.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
joe sixpack said:
just because it's not sold to civilians does'nt mean it's not legal.. perfect example is "G" model berettas.. they are decocker only with no safety.

they're sold to LE.. but legal for civilians to own just the same.

OKI will start my jokes off from now on with "this is a JOKE!!"

Sorry I had to do it. I know the difference, but as usual I like to play around and get things started, and I DID!!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steelheart said:
Once you get it please let us know how it compares to the other Glocks you've used.

Is it legal for these to be on the used market? This mainly a curiosity question but eventually some will make it there.

Steelheart
Must be ordered though the Dept.
Glock does not allow individual officer sales on these 2 models.
As joesixpack stated they can be used but I don't know if a civilian would want to. You'd have to do a lot of explaining to the authorities when they find out Glock does not import these to the U.S. commercial market.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
You wouldn't believe that I bought it used from a kind-of retired officer from AZ on Gunbroker? :D

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Robby said:
OKI will start my jokes off from now on with "this is a JOKE!!"

Sorry I had to do it. I know the difference, but as usual I like to play around and get things started, and I DID!!
sorry i realized it was a joke about turning them into the ATF, but i thought you was serious on the legality of it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steelheart said:
You wouldn't believe that I bought it used from a kind-of retired officer from AZ on Gunbroker? :D

Steelheart
Wonder how much some of these Glock fanatics would pay for it if I did put it up on Gunbroker?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I had that thought too... and if you wait several months you'd probably be just fine.

"I decided that I didn't like it and wanted to sell it to finance its replacement..."

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Really what makes it so evil that glock wouldn't sell to the public? Is it liability? Or is it that they think it is not commercially viable? I know you can't get the full auto glock, but why not a compact .380?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the BATF points system and how does it affect Glocks?
Many of the Glock's parts and sometimes the whole gun are dictated or limited by the BATF's system of "import points". To qualify for import a pistol must score 75 points based on the following system:

Characteristic Points
Length: for each 1/4" over 6" 1
Forged steel frame 15
Forged HTS alloy frame 20
Unloaded weight w/mag (per oz.) 1
.22 short and .25 auto 0
.22 LR and 7.65mm to .380 auto 3
9mm parabellum and over 10
Locked breech mechanism 5
Loaded chamber indicator 5
Grip safety 3
Magazine safety 5
Firing pin block or lock 10
External hammer 2
Double action 10
Drift adjustable target sight 5
Click adjustable target sight 10
Target grips 5
Target trigger 2

For example, here is how the G17 scores: Length (7.28") 5
Weight (24.79oz) 25
Caliber (9mm) 10
Locked breech 5
Firing pin block 10
Double action 10
Target sight 10
Target grips 5
Total 80

Here is how the Glock 26 scores: Length (6.29") 1
Weight (21.87oz) 22
Caliber (9mm) 10
Locked breech 5
Firing pin block 10
Double action 10
Target sight 10
Target grips 5
Target trigger 2
Total 75

Changes and features made to Glocks to comply with the BATF rules:
- all models are imported with a cheap click-adjustable rear sight that is replaced at the factory with the stock sight
- target (grooved) trigger added to compacts & subcompacts
- target grips added to all models (required for the subcompacts)
- due to their caliber, .380 autos (G25 & G28) do not score enough points to be imported

For more information, including the point system for revolvers check the rec.guns FAQ at http://www.recguns.com/IIG6.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts