Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, another first. I got my first Tokarev. Well, not quite. But I didn't want a real Tokarev anyways.

I got a CZ52. The price....made me wish I bought in 3 years ago. Made me kick myself when the gun store employee told me just a few years back they were practically giving them away. But, It's in fairly good shape. Only glaring flaws I can find are a few fairly deep scratches at the muzzle(looks like someone dropped it), and the grips have definitely seen better days. But I think I found some surplus grips online, along with a holster and a few other doodads for it. I'd say the grey phosphate finish is maybe 75%, 65% on a low guess, but it's still in really great shape. The slide feels like it's on rollers(because it IS! :D)

I AM having trouble finding a spare magazine for it, and wish me luck for finding 7.62 Tok out here in the sticks, but I picked up two boxes of S&B FMJs for a little fun. I hear tell that these little pistols create quite the fireball when you shoot them. Should be real fun.

It doesn't point as nice as other pistols, and the grip is boxy, but not too big on me(ignoring the fact my hands are freaking huge...), but overall I've always liked the look of the CZ52. Really stands out from the crowd.

Hopefully the weather will lighten up tomorrow...stupid rain. Lord knows I'm itching to take it and my other toys to the range and have some fun.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
You've got me licking my chops to read your soon to come range report and feast my eyes on a couple of pics of your new prize.;)

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Pick up a Shotgun News, there are usually some vendors that sell parts and extra mags. Also surplus ammo for them. You can get a drop in 9 mm barrel that helps too. Wood grips were on sale at one time. Fun guns to play with, very loud. Burn powder, and enjoy it rear sight is usually high enough for long range shooting.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Cool find! The fact is when it comes to handguns, sometimes you just can't say no! I am thinking about buying a derringer that I absolutely do not need, but y'all know how it goes....:D

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Cool find! The fact is when it comes to handguns, sometimes you just can't say no! I am thinking about buying a derringer that I absolutely do not need, but y'all know how it goes....:D
Yep, yep.. A .410 derringer is definitely a "must have but not needed" thing for me, also. Oh, also a 9mm derringer....

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I think I found some surplus grips online, along with a holster and a few other doodads for it. I'd say the grey phosphate finish is maybe 75%, 65% on a low guess, but it's still in really great shape. The slide feels like it's on rollers(because it IS! :D)

I AM having trouble finding a spare magazine for it, and wish me luck for finding 7.62 Tok out here in the sticks, but I picked up two boxes of S&B FMJs for a little fun.
I have both the CZ-52 and Tokarev. I prefer the CZ-52, it is a more modern/solid pistol and handles 7.62X25mm a little better. I had custom grips made by this guy who only makes them once a year because his molds deteriorate. I think they were about $40, you can get extra magazines from Wideners. Ive been rained-in also so I feel your pain there, got a video of the Tokarev if you want to see the fire-balls.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, turns out the Red Scare is contagious. My dad was so jealous of my CZ52 that he found a Yugo M57 today at the gun store and snatched it up. We said F-U to the rain and drove out to the outdoor shooting range in Houston, and ran a few magazines through them along with some fun on our ARs.All I can say about the Toks is WOW. My CZ spat fire like a dragon. The recoil was sharp, but controllable, and you can't help but smile behind the trigger of it. We swapped off and I took control of his M57 for a bit, and the first two rounds made my index finger and thumb connect in a painful way, but I quickly adapted to the way it behaved. One thing I noticed, the bursts of pressure coming from the barrel when firing. I stood next to my dad the entire session, shooting one stall over, and every time he fired, it felt like the air was slapping me in the face.After all those years of hearing my dad put down the old soviet hardware, both he and I were stunned today. Needless to say I found 1,600 rounds of Bulgarian surplus online and I ordered spare magazines for both. I wish I snagged some pictures, but with the weather what it was today, I wasn't about to risk soaking my android.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts