Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Overall good outcome from what I read, but I don't see the concealed carry portion of this. Was the owner even legal with the firearm in his store in NJ?

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Sounds like a clean shoot, but then again "Christie"...................

Reactions: wizard_of_ahs

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
"...launched an investigation - no immediate charges were filed" What, against the dead punk, robber and potential family killer? That sounds like the only place charges should land but he's gone *poof* to the BGs dead place, wherever that may be!! Oh, what a world!!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Good for him.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Do you have to have a permit if you own the business? I would think it would be just like having one in your home. But thats just my thinking.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Man.....that's New Jersey..... That store owner may be screwed!
Maybe not, he is obviously connected enough to get the permit so he may be connected enough to skate around this charge.
You just have to love the NJ way.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dang, Bloomberg's own backyard. He must be fuming right now knowing a law-abiding citizen used a gun for a lawful purpose. Though, as crazy as he is, he will probably try to twist it around and make it look like the store owner is the bad guy.

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
Dang, Bloomberg's own backyard. He must be fuming right now knowing a law-abiding citizen used a gun for a lawful purpose. Though, as crazy as he is, he will probably try to twist it around and make it look like the store owner is the bad guy.
Of course! The store owner should never be armed. Unfortunately,he may be in a lot of trouble.

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Of course! The store owner should never be armed. Unfortunately,he may be in a lot of trouble.
Not so sure. A lot of folks screaming about carry permit process but about the time I joined in their discussion (I have the poster name Georgiacarry in the comments section) a lot of folks finally realized you don't need a permit to KEEP a firearm in your store, home, etc. There is a difference in firearm ownership and whether or not they are carrying.

Will continue to follow this one as they SHOULD have been in the right to have the firearm in their place of business. I know we joke a lot about liberal minded states and their leaders but, surely, keeping a firearm in your home, place of business or even your car should be outside of the purview of personal carrying. And, don't call me "surely".

Even those of you in Illinois, with no clear cut path to CCW (at least not yet - fingers crossed) but there are an awful lot of firearms stores in Illinois and a lot of firearms owners in that state - even without a CCW process in place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts