Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

My name is Dallas, and I'm from Texas. I know, I know... No I don't have a brother named Ft. Worth. :) Anyway, I am new to shooting and have just purchased my first pistol 24/7 G2 9mm as well as a tactical shotgun (Remington 870 clone.) I am interested in some advice or help in knowing what's going on with my pistol... any direction would be helpful. I kinda looked through the threads, but didn't find anything that was similar to what I am experiencing (although there are many, many threads.) I may just not know how to describe my issue...

What is happening is that my slide is locking back like the gun/magazine is empty when there is still one round in the magazine. Is this a common problem when breaking in a new gun/magazine? it seems to happen with both magazines, so I haven't really isolated it to either the gun or a specific magazine. Any ideas or helpful information would be appreciated. Thanx so much.

- Dallas

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome from little ole New Hampshire
You could call Taurus CS too they are very helpful etc
Don't worry you find good help on the Forum, someone will be along to lend a Hand!

Reactions: carlstaurus

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Howdy, Dallas, from... well, from Dallas!

Strange that it's happening with both mags - I was going to suggest that you take apart the mags and clean them well, and pay close attention to the followers at the top, to see if maybe they have some burrs left over from manufacturing. You might do that just to check, but if the same thing is happening with both of them, sounds like it's more likely the gun.

Good luck, welcome aboard, and let us know what you find out!

·
Super Moderator
27,001 Posts
Welcome Dallas. I am going to try and move your thread to Taurus Product Problems where I think this has already been disscussed!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

It may just be that they are new and need to get broken in. Leave them loaded and unload them every few days (fun way shoot it, boring way unload them by hand :D).

Since you are new to shooting I encourage you to get training and learn the 4 rules of gun safety.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Hey Dallas welcome from central Hellaware..

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;; Sorry about your problem with your pistol. Taurus will fix it if you call customer service.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome, Dallas, from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
:wave: hi dallas and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts