Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also, I'm back. Sold my PT 111 G2 back in Feb of 2018, and ended up missing it so much that when the G2C was released, I picked one up about a year ago. Since then, with Taurus' changes they're making, I'm becoming truly impressed and a believer in their comeback. I believe they have another grand slam here with the G3, and that's why I had to buy this thing. Size, form factor, Mecgar mags in two size configs, and really all the Good of the G2C, and improving the few misses? What's not to like.

Anyway, My range rep. is no where as awesome as Silverstring's but I figured I'd create a separate post for a pic or two and my take. Only a pic or two of the guns, not a target, as it shot waaay better than me.

250 rounds of Federal 115 gr. FMJ, with around 20 Remington UMC 115 JHP thrown in randomly for fun. The gun took everything and kept chugging; slow firing, rapidly dumping both mags a couple times, everything was nice.

The Trigger truly shines on this new gun. Taurus took what the majority of people seemed to dislike, and improved upon it. Grouping about a baseball at 10 yards was easy (about what I can and all I care to consistently do), with a bit of practice. If I sped up, I would throw a shot here and there, and that's totally me, not the gun. This gun puts rounds right where you point it.

Grip texturing is even more aggressive than either my PT 111 G2 I owned, or my G2C I still have. It's almost too much, but once my hands manned up a bit, I was fine. :D

I have yet to pull the gun apart tonight to do my post break in inspection, but with my G2C holding up as well as it has, I'm not too worried.

So far, I'm truly impressed with what I got for what I gave. I got it locally from Tombstone Tactical for $257 out the door. Amazing for the amount of gun you're getting. I had a guy walk up to me this morning at the big, big out door range we have north of Phoenix. I've never had someone come up and ask about a handgun: He asked if I was 'the guy shooting the G3.' I grinned and told him YES. He continued on asking about it and that he had wanted to maybe buy a couple for truck guns. I explained that my G2C, sitting right next to it, has been so reliable in its 1,000+ rounds in a year, I was compelled to buy the G3. I also told him, that I owned both of these fine Taurus Firearms, for less than his Gen 5 G19 cost, with change. He didn't bash hard at all, but I also explained that Glock produces those firearms for around $150-200, so why are we paying more than Taurus is selling these for now. He had no answer, and said he would now probably purchase them. I told him about all of Taurus' big changes, new Bainbridge facility, improved warranty turnaround times, and that I have a renewed faith in Taurus becoming a truly great firearms company again. I believe firmly in their comeback; all they have to do is keep doing what they're doing, and continue these trends.

Happy to be back, and now, Taurus is the only handgun type I own, and I own several for the cost of one or two 'major' firearms. :D :D TX22, someday, if my wife let's me. :D

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

·
8,545 Posts
Thanks for the great review, we think alike-the G3 is surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot. Check out Honest outlaws video. he started out kinda down on it,,but he couldn't miss targets even at distance.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's too funny you linked his video, as I almost did for giggles. I have seen it, and his reactions were real and priceless. 😄

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Maybe Taurus has turned the corner, hope their CS has improved. I will still keep my S&W compact for a carry gun.

·
Vendor
141 Posts
Another Review. I have the Millennium G2 (very happy with it after 3 years and many rounds) and notice from Video that the inner workings on the G3, and G2C (seen other places) is very similar for all the G models.
Other than the trigger and trigger safety mechanism, the internals are identical. The trigger bar on the G3 is actually a modified G2C/G2S trigger bar, you can see where they ground off the section the G2C trigger safety hook grabbed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts