Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to the group!
Looking forward to being part of this community.
After a little over a decade of USAF service where I made a total of 4 trips to the range to qualify with a 22LR converted M-16 and a 38 special, I finally took the plunge and decided to buy a pistol. In technology, appliances, automobiles and other purchases I like to read up on what I'm going to buy. I don't like to buy the most expensive product, but one that gives me the best value or at least which is sensible. If I can get a product that has 95% or even 99% of the functionality of the most expensive brand for half the price, that's what I'm going to buy, so I decided that the Taurus PT 24/7 makes the best sense for me.
First order of business is to check out the new pistol, then get my wife and oldest daughter trained and comfortable.
I've been around shooting a lot as a kid, a little in the service, but not much since my enlistment ended. Now is a good time to tool up and get the family trained. It will be fun and being armed and trained is a lot better for me and the family than being unarmed and untrained if God forbid we are ever in a self-defense situation. So it's both for fun and for the family that I've decided to tool up.
I'm very confident my new 24/7 will vindicate the choice I've made of a Taurus.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Greetings to the group!
Looking forward to being part of this community.
After a little over a decade of USAF service where I made a total of 4 trips to the range to qualify with a 22LR converted M-16 and a 38 special, I finally took the plunge and decided to buy a pistol. In technology, appliances, automobiles and other purchases I like to read up on what I'm going to buy. I don't like to buy the most expensive product, but one that gives me the best value or at least which is sensible. If I can get a product that has 95% or even 99% of the functionality of the most expensive brand for half the price, that's what I'm going to buy, so I decided that the Taurus PT 24/7 makes the best sense for me.
First order of business is to check out the new pistol, then get my wife and oldest daughter trained and comfortable.
I've been around shooting a lot as a kid, a little in the service, but not much since my enlistment ended. Now is a good time to tool up and get the family trained. It will be fun and being armed and trained is a lot better for me and the family than being unarmed and untrained if God forbid we are ever in a self-defense situation. So it's both for fun and for the family that I've decided to tool up.
I'm very confident my new 24/7 will vindicate the choice I've made of a Taurus.
I also welcome you to TA.net and thank for protecting all of us!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome from little ole New Hampshire, Congrats on that PT 24 / 7 a very sensible choice & am sure you and the Family will enjoy it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net. I predict that you will be very pleased with a Taurus 24/7 pistol.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;; and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Welcome from central Hellaware... Thank you for your service to our once great country...

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX, and thank you for your service!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts