Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the anti gun people and like minded factions all have new ammunition after last nights mass shooting at a church prayer service.

One coward with a sick mind opens fire on 9 innocent people, and everyone from the non gun believer that delivers your morning cup of coffee all the way up the chain to the steps of the White House are now once again preaching that "Guns are Bad, and the government needs to control them".

What would happen if a political official, or group of Pro Gun people were to take this same opportunity to promote gun ownership. If 7 of the 9 individuals in this church were to have been armed, would there be 9 victims? I highly doubt that the 7 armed individuals would not have protected one another.

Maybe the stand should be that if you arm the sheep, they are no longer sheep. And while not everyone will be open to carrying a firearm, the great number who do would be there to watch over the sheep in the heard. Not unlike the Sheepdog that watches over and protects those innocent sheep around him.

The answer is not in gun control, but more in firearm promotion and education.

When the hostility and prediction of war or evil up rising appear, the government begins to build its armed forces to protect and defend its citizens.

Why is it when society becomes more dangerous and unpredictable, this same government wants to take away and control our ability to arm and protect ourselves as well as our neighbor?

Just thinking out loud, you have the right to agree with me or not or maybe only impart.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Jon, we may have a few oddballs that would disagree with you, but I am not with that particular group of oddballs. After the Colorado Church shooting a few years back, our church became proactive in developing a security team. I've stated many times, in Churches and in Schools, that security teams are important, I'm very pleased that our church is and my grandchildren's school is also proactive with armed teachers and staff.

·
Registered
16,867 Posts
Same thing............different day.
Anti-gun people blame the weapon and call for more gun control.
Pro-gun people blame the person responsible, the courts, lack of education, mental health regs and many other things.
Then the two groups face off and yell at each other. Once again nothing will be done
because either side won't accept anything that they don't agree with 100%.

In the year 2143 we will have the anti-phaser group calling for more phaser control because 4 people were vaporized at a school.
The pro-phaser people will blame the person responsible, the courts, lack of education, mental health regs and many other things.
And so it goes.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
All the anti gun people and like minded factions all have new ammunition after last nights mass shooting at a church prayer service.

One coward with a sick mind opens fire on 9 innocent people, and everyone from the non gun believer that delivers your morning cup of coffee all the way up the chain to the steps of the White House are now once again preaching that "Guns are Bad, and the government needs to control them".

What would happen if a political official, or group of Pro Gun people were to take this same opportunity to promote gun ownership. If 7 of the 9 individuals in this church were to have been armed, would there be 9 victims? I highly doubt that the 7 armed individuals would not have protected one another.

Maybe the stand should be that if you arm the sheep, they are no longer sheep. And while not everyone will be open to carrying a firearm, the great number who do would be there to watch over the sheep in the heard. Not unlike the Sheepdog that watches over and protects those innocent sheep around him.

The answer is not in gun control, but more in firearm promotion and education.

When the hostility and prediction of war or evil up rising appear, the government begins to build its armed forces to protect and defend its citizens.

Why is it when society becomes more dangerous and unpredictable, this same government wants to take away and control our ability to arm and protect ourselves as well as our neighbor?

Just thinking out loud, you have the right to agree with me or not or maybe only impart.
Jon, You have made a statement that anybody with common sense will agree with. Message approved..:thumb::clap:

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Our governments surrounds their buildings with barriers, and armed security. Be it local, county, state, or federal. Citizens are expected to hunker down until the approved government response can reach them. Somehow, that smacks of the royalty of olden days.

Our courts have declared that the Second Amendment preserves the right to own, and use, firearms. Yet, these same royals declare that certain areas can be "gun free", under pain of law. So, exactly WHO obeys the law? Why, the law-abiding citizens. Who ignores the law? The criminals.

When you remove the ability to respond to lethal threats, you, in essence, refuse to abide by the laws of the lns, too. However, our royals have managed to flummox the citizens into believing that they are correct, no matter what the courts say. Strange, that.

Ever wonder why a person who slips and falls in a grocery store, even with signs warning of the condition, can sue the store with a certainty that they stand a good chance of receiving something? while those families who have lost their bread-winner to a sign denying them their constitutional rights aren't allowed the same access to restitution?

Maybe it's time that We, the People, start lining up attorneys willing to take on the owners of property that ban firearms, but have nothing in place to protect those abiding by the ban? Immunity by government fails in the face of malfeasance, or gross negligence. One would think that gun free zone signs, without increased scrutiny by the poster, or alternative security, would meet the definition of gross negligence. Maybe it's time has come. The royals need to be placed on notice that their "let them eat cake" attitude can cost them big bucks.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Same thing............different day.
Anti-gun people blame the weapon and call for more gun control.
Pro-gun people blame the person responsible, the courts, lack of education, mental health regs and many other things.
Then the two groups face off and yell at each other. Once again nothing will be done
because either side won't accept anything that they don't agree with 100%.

In the year 2143 we will have the anti-phaser group calling for more phaser control because 4 people were vaporized at a school.
The pro-phaser people will blame the person responsible, the courts, lack of education, mental health regs and many other things.
And so it goes.
At least, vaporized doesn't leave a mess or a job for the coroner! :)

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At least, vaporized doesn't leave a mess or a job for the coroner! :)
I have heard that it does leave the scent of burnt flesh that lingers for about an hour. Depending of course on the direction and speed of the wind.

But then, so have I a time or two............but that's another story saved for camp side stories and tall tales.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
As long as unbalanced individuals have access to deadly weapons, and that will be forever, (despite any efforts to the contrary), they will act in terrible ways. I would say "unpredictable ways" except that most incidents are very predictable after the fact, and this particular massacre should have been foreseen.

A .45 calibre handgun- the perfect 21st Birthday gift for a depressed, solitary, drug afflicted loner. (Very likely bullied, and likely by members of the racial group he attacked.)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I think the day is going to come where a Sunday service
will be interrupted by armed muslim extremists looking
to cleanse the world of some Christians.

It will be ugly, unless some of the good guys are armed.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have little doubt that we will see some retaliation killings

·
Premium Member
12,540 Posts
There is not a law that could be envisioned that would guaranty your safety or the safety of others. Being armed is the best guaranty you can get.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I think it best, I not comment on this incident, because most would not like what I have to say and I would be most likely banned from the forum. There are two or three topics here that can result in lively, but heated discussion. ....Soooooo, I will:

emotion icon zippered.jpg

Reactions: tazelmo and jonrjen

·
Premium Member
12,540 Posts
From GOA:

"The President Gets it Wrong Once Again -- Guns are actually saving lives

by Erich Pratt

Just hours after the tragic shooting in a South Carolina church, President Barack Obama resumed his fanatical war on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

“Now’s the time for mourning and for healing, but let’s be clear -- at some point we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries,” Obama said.

Really? Has the President forgotten just some of the foreign massacres that have taken place during his presidency -- shootings that claimed far more lives than the nine which were tragically lost in South Carolina? How about:

The attacks from earlier this year -- which began at Charlie Hebdo in Paris and continued for 48 hours around the region -- that resulted in 17 people being murdered;
Or the Anders Breivik murders in Norway in 2011 where 77 people were murdered -- 69 of them with firearms;
Or the Derrick Bird shootings in Cumbria, England that left 12 people dead in 2010.
In each of these cases, the armed perpetrators ignored strict gun control laws in acquiring and carrying their weapons.

One of the biggest problems at South Carolina church is that the potential victims were disarmed by law.

In the Palmetto State, a concealed carry permit holder can carry in places of worship with permission from a church official. Unfortunately, the pastor was an anti-gun activist. As a state senator, the Pastor had voted against concealed carry.

But the President completely misses all of this. He ignores the fact that this was yet another example where a massacre took place in a Gun Free Zone."

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I do not want. To make light of the deaths in SC but in respondent too oh bummer and his gun grabbing if he truly wants to see what senccless killing truly looks like perhaps a look at the middle east and what they do there would give him some perspective.
sadly we did not even get 20 hours to process what has happened be for the commmies start in trying to take protection away from law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it best, I not comment on this incident, because most would not like what I have to say and I would be most likely banned from the forum. There are two or three topics here that can result in lively, but heated discussion. ....Soooooo, I will:

View attachment 120968
If you would like to PM me your thoughts on this, I would be more than interested in reading them. Whether we agree or disagree is not important, but having the freedom to express your view is important.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
No law on the books or anything proposed would have stopped this from happening.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Please blame the fool and not the tool...

Reactions: BigBlue
1 - 20 of 38 Posts