Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our property there are a number of old 55 gallon steel drums that just sort of came with the place.
One day my dad decided to take a few shots at one with his rifle. It started leaking everywhere. Turns out it was full of diesel fuel.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lucky diesel fuel has a low flash point.

Reactions: LongTermGuy

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
On our property there are a number of old 55 gallon steel drums that just sort of came with the place.
One day my dad decided to take a few shots at one with his rifle. It started leaking everywhere. Turns out it was full of diesel fuel.
If that happened today they'd call it a hazmat spill, and you'd have a zillion guys in hazmat suits digging up the contaminated dirt. Then they'd send you a bill. So did you ever let him live it down? :D

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Drums with lids aren't always empty.
He never went to look at them and try to move them?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah he didnt bother checking. My dads known for stuff like this and no I never let him live it down.
There was a forest fire here a few years ago and our property was the base camp for the fire fighters. The drums of diesel were what they left behind I guess.
He just put it on its side and put duct tape on the holes and left it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nah he didnt bother checking. My dads known for stuff like this and no I never let him live it down.
There was a forest fire here a few years ago and our property was the base camp for the fire fighters. The drums of diesel were what they left behind I guess.
At least you'll have a lifetime supply of emergency lantern oil.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts

See...you've already started prepping and didn't know it. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts