Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Academy 92 out and ran 500 rds thru it, doesn't take long with those high cap mags. Still amazed at the lack of recoil. This is the first time I've had it outside so I had some fun busting the 6 inch swinger at 50. I won't lie and say I hit everytime but it rang often enough to amuse me. Not a single issue in 500 rds which makes about 1100 rds thru this gun since I bought it. But on the way home I started worrying about those 500 rds, well actually those 500 primers that I might not be able to replace. So I swing by my supplier and sure enough he has some so I get 1K. He's used to me and my single shot adiction so he remarks on how many primers I've gone thru and we get to talking about the Taurus. He's not a fan, doesn't shoot anything but 45's. A;ll of the sudden he says, "Hey I wonder if this mag will fit it". Turns out some guy had traded in a CZ75 with 4 mags but one wasn't a CZ75. I look at it, it looks right, "Made in Brazil" stamped on the side. I bring my 92 in and sure enough it's a perfect fit. So I ask him what he wants for it and he says he has no gun it will fit, how about $5? Needless to say I now have a new 15rd mag for my 92.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me $5 for another mag. Glad you are enjoying your 92 so much.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I certainly do enjoy reading a happy PT92 shooter's range report!

From what I read, it appears that you have a real winner.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Congratulations on the great range day and the mag find. Further proof that I seriously need to get off my butt and start reloading. I was cringing as I read that you went through 500 rds in a single trip, but I'm glad you have that leeway. :)

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
A magazine for $5 is a very good find.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Crud... Why did I sell my 92 a couple years ago?????

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now reloads are costing me $8.50/100, so about as much as midrange 22 rimfire. $4 of that is primers so I have a feeling that cost is about to go way up. I also ran thru 50 357mags, 75 32/20 and 120 22K hornet that day. I sure hope my primer supply holds out.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Congrats on your 92, and happy to read your report that it is shooting flawlessly!

That sure was a sweet deal on the magazine. I just purchased two extra's for my Acadamy Taurus PT609, 9mm.
It has a 13 round capacity, and I paid $30. ea. Even that was a discount!
Your $5.00 Mag was a steal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.