Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a friends birthday so we decided the best place to celebrate was at his gun club. I've got a few things he's been wanting to shoot, so that's what I took. With my PT1911, I cleaned the steel plates with my first magazine. Handed it to my buddy who's never shot a 1911 before, and he only left one standing. He now wants a 1911. The others I took were my S&W 65 3", Glock 19, Taurus 990(makes every range trip) Browning buckmark, S&W 442, and two Remington 597 .22 rifles. He brought his S&W 586 & 28, and a Beretta PX4 40. We didn't keep a round count, but we filled a bucket full of brass in the four hours we were there. It was a happy birthday for him and a great range day for both of us!!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Now that's a way to spend a birthday!! Sounds like everyone had a great time..

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sounds alot more fun than the usual 8-5 I have to endure....lol....glad you boys had a good safe outing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hard to beat a birthday like that :D

·
Super Moderator
26,911 Posts
That sounds like a fun day for a birthday. My next bday, in June...the big 60...I might just do that.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like a fun day for a birthday. My next bday, in June...the big 60...I might just do that.
My buddy turned 59, and I'm already 60.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds alot more fun than the usual 8-5 I have to endure....lol....glad you boys had a good safe outing.
Retirement has it's advantages!!

Reactions: RobThatsMe

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Congrats, sounds like a great day. I took my SS pt1911 to the range last week and wallowed out the middle of the target with the first 100 rounds, then did the same with a stick on target with another 40rnds. So much fun to shoot the 1911. I can't seem to keep enough ammo on hand.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Laker,

What a great idea! That one's staying in my back pocket until it's either my B-day, or another shooting buddys' B-Day!
Glad you made it a special day!

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts