Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may have seen my review of the Fobus Universal IWB holster... short review of that review: I like it a lot.
The one I reviewed was the small (Of course "universal" is not quite universal; there are three sizes.) Anyway writing the review got me shopping, and I came across a great deal on a large size variant of the same holster.
At $10, I was somewhat skeptical of it's authenticity. There are quite a few counterfeits out there. But the picture of the packaging looked good and I decided I was willing to gamble.
Got it today and it looks like it was a return as there are a few light marks on the inside of the holster that make it look like something was inserted maybe 4 times. More importantly, it does look like a genuine Fobus.

What led to this post, though is this:

Who'da thunk it... a Taurus specifically listed as fitting!

So I checked, and as of this moment the company still has 12 of them they are offering at that price.

I am not affiliated with Fobus, Amazon, or the retailer. I just think that $10 for a holster that works is a great deal.

If this needs to be moved, fine. If this needs to be deleted, I apologize in advance.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
Deals are deals and posting to save members a few bucks is a good thing. I bought a "Stealth Operator" universal OWB holster on sale a couple of years ago and never used it. Sold it with my G2 to a friend. I may have to grab one of those Fobus.

Reactions: MadKaw

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
Turning me into a shop- a- holic... Bought one, because everyone needs a drawer full of holsters.

·
Registered
28,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts

·
Registered
28,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still mourning the return of my PT 145 SS
Time is never linear. It is measured in triumphs and heartbreak. May your laughter always outlast your lamentation.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
Deals are deals and posting to save members a few bucks is a good thing. I bought a "Stealth Operator" universal OWB holster on sale a couple of years ago and never used it. Sold it with my G2 to a friend. I may have to grab one of those Fobus.
Well I received my holster and I'm not very impressed. I will sell it for what I paid, unused.

Actually reviewed the original posting again and see it's Amazon. Since I have the original packaging, I'll just return it to them for full credit.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
It's a third party seller on Amazon that wants 4.59 for the privilege to return it.

• Sad
Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
28,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a third party seller on Amazon that wants 4.59 for the privilege to return it.
Give it a try... it is much more comfortable than it looks. Of course a lot depends on personal preference, but I suggest not discarding it without trying

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
503 Posts
After seeing this post I ordered one for my 4.25 barrel 17 round PT24/7 Millenium G2. The fit is large and a bit sloppy. I think if I were to add two rivets, or two screws from my extras kit for my alien gear I might be able to cinch it up a little better. For $10 I'll try it out for a while, if nothing else it might be a good winter carry when I can wear heavier clothing.

·
Registered
28,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After seeing this post I ordered one for my 4.25 barrel 17 round PT24/7 Millenium G2. The fit is large and a bit sloppy. I think if I were to add two rivets, or two screws from my extras kit for my alien gear I might be able to cinch it up a little better. For $10 I'll try it out for a while, if nothing else it might be a good winter carry when I can wear heavier clothing.
The Millenium probably needs the medium...

·
Registered
503 Posts
The Millenium probably needs the medium...
Maybe, but bear in mind this isn't the millennium as in pt111, predecessor to the G2C. This is closer to what you would consider duty sized, apart from having a 5" or bigger barrel.

·
Registered
28,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe, but bear in mind this isn't the millennium as in pt111, predecessor to the G2C. This is closer to what you would consider duty sized, apart from having a 5" or bigger barrel.
I know, but my Glock 17—generally considered duty size, fits a medium. My Sig 229 fits the large.
1911 also fits medium.

·
Registered
G3, G2C, PT92, OSS Tactical, 24/7 Pro C DS
69 Posts
1911 also fits medium.
Good to know. I bought one of these too.

For $10 I figured it was worth a shot.

I thought I could try it with my 1911, PT92, or maybe even the G3...

But it sounds like those might all be too small.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
I sent the link to Fobus via the Facebook page and was surprised to get a response. I suggested that it may be a counterfeit but they assured me it is theirs . He wants to know my specific objections to it and I said that it doesn't seem to live up to the quality that I am familiar with from them. He said that putting the gun in outside the waistband iz wrong , that it should be fitted in while wearing it. My main issue is the depth that the gun sinks to, not leaving a lot of the grip outside for deployment .

·
Registered
28,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A partial list for the large:
Beretta PX4 Storm Full Size .45
Beretta PX4 Storm Full size 9mm & .40
CZ 75
CZ P-07 Duty
CZ P-09
H&K P30 9mm & .40
H&K VP40
H&K VP9
IWI Jericho 941 (polymer & steel)
Sig Sauer P226
Sig Sauer P227 (later production models with wider trigger guard only with or without rails)
Sig Sauer P227 (with rail)
Springfield XD .40 & .357 SIG
Springfield XD .45
Springfield XD 9mm
Springfield XDM 9mm & .40
Steyr C-A1
Steyr L-A1
Steyr M-A1
Steyr S-A1

Medium:
Wierdly, the Fobus site doesn't show a list for the medium...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts