Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may have seen my review of the Fobus Universal IWB holster... short review of that review: I like it a lot.
The one I reviewed was the small (Of course "universal" is not quite universal; there are three sizes.) Anyway writing the review got me shopping, and I came across a great deal on a large size variant of the same holster.
At $10, I was somewhat skeptical of it's authenticity. There are quite a few counterfeits out there. But the picture of the packaging looked good and I decided I was willing to gamble.
Got it today and it looks like it was a return as there are a few light marks on the inside of the holster that make it look like something was inserted maybe 4 times. More importantly, it does look like a genuine Fobus.

What led to this post, though is this:

Who'da thunk it... a Taurus specifically listed as fitting!

So I checked, and as of this moment the company still has 12 of them they are offering at that price.

I am not affiliated with Fobus, Amazon, or the retailer. I just think that $10 for a holster that works is a great deal.

If this needs to be moved, fine. If this needs to be deleted, I apologize in advance.

·
Super Moderator
40,329 Posts
Deals are deals and posting to save members a few bucks is a good thing. I bought a "Stealth Operator" universal OWB holster on sale a couple of years ago and never used it. Sold it with my G2 to a friend. I may have to grab one of those Fobus.

Reactions: MadKaw

·
Super Moderator
40,329 Posts
Turning me into a shop- a- holic... Bought one, because everyone needs a drawer full of holsters.

·
Super Moderator
40,329 Posts

·
Registered
29,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still mourning the return of my PT 145 SS
Time is never linear. It is measured in triumphs and heartbreak. May your laughter always outlast your lamentation.

·
Super Moderator
40,329 Posts
Deals are deals and posting to save members a few bucks is a good thing. I bought a "Stealth Operator" universal OWB holster on sale a couple of years ago and never used it. Sold it with my G2 to a friend. I may have to grab one of those Fobus.
Well I received my holster and I'm not very impressed. I will sell it for what I paid, unused.

Actually reviewed the original posting again and see it's Amazon. Since I have the original packaging, I'll just return it to them for full credit.

·
Super Moderator
40,329 Posts
It's a third party seller on Amazon that wants 4.59 for the privilege to return it.

• Sad
Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
29,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a third party seller on Amazon that wants 4.59 for the privilege to return it.
Give it a try... it is much more comfortable than it looks. Of course a lot depends on personal preference, but I suggest not discarding it without trying

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
514 Posts
After seeing this post I ordered one for my 4.25 barrel 17 round PT24/7 Millenium G2. The fit is large and a bit sloppy. I think if I were to add two rivets, or two screws from my extras kit for my alien gear I might be able to cinch it up a little better. For $10 I'll try it out for a while, if nothing else it might be a good winter carry when I can wear heavier clothing.

·
Registered
29,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After seeing this post I ordered one for my 4.25 barrel 17 round PT24/7 Millenium G2. The fit is large and a bit sloppy. I think if I were to add two rivets, or two screws from my extras kit for my alien gear I might be able to cinch it up a little better. For $10 I'll try it out for a while, if nothing else it might be a good winter carry when I can wear heavier clothing.
The Millenium probably needs the medium...

·
Registered
29,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe, but bear in mind this isn't the millennium as in pt111, predecessor to the G2C. This is closer to what you would consider duty sized, apart from having a 5" or bigger barrel.
I know, but my Glock 17—generally considered duty size, fits a medium. My Sig 229 fits the large.
1911 also fits medium.

·
Super Moderator
40,329 Posts
I sent the link to Fobus via the Facebook page and was surprised to get a response. I suggested that it may be a counterfeit but they assured me it is theirs . He wants to know my specific objections to it and I said that it doesn't seem to live up to the quality that I am familiar with from them. He said that putting the gun in outside the waistband iz wrong , that it should be fitted in while wearing it. My main issue is the depth that the gun sinks to, not leaving a lot of the grip outside for deployment .

·
Registered
29,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A partial list for the large:
Beretta PX4 Storm Full Size .45
Beretta PX4 Storm Full size 9mm & .40
CZ 75
CZ P-07 Duty
CZ P-09
H&K P30 9mm & .40
H&K VP40
H&K VP9
IWI Jericho 941 (polymer & steel)
Sig Sauer P226
Sig Sauer P227 (later production models with wider trigger guard only with or without rails)
Sig Sauer P227 (with rail)
Springfield XD .40 & .357 SIG
Springfield XD .45
Springfield XD 9mm
Springfield XDM 9mm & .40
Steyr C-A1
Steyr L-A1
Steyr M-A1
Steyr S-A1

Medium:
Wierdly, the Fobus site doesn't show a list for the medium...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.