Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Another Floridian. . .

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MPanova 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a PT140 - I've put about 1000 rounds through it this month, and found a new hobby. It was much more than I was expecting from such a small framed pistol. Needless to say I'm very happy with my purchase. I shopped extensively and decided Taurus had all I was looking for in a ccw. My next purchase will be the PT22 for my wife then followed by the Tracker 627 .357 revolver. Having recently put a few hundred rounds through a S&W .357, I think it'll be much more enjoyable for target shooting, the large frame seems to absorb all the kick. Nothing like the PT140, which although concealable, has one hell of a kick. Anyway, thanks for letting me speak my mind for a minute and I look forward to reading the forums here - - Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, glad you were able to join us.
Taurus firearms are indeed addictive with many members owning more than one and some owning several.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

#3 ·
Welcome aboard!! The PT's sure are popular here! A thousand rounds in one month! Wow! What do you use for practice ammo?

#4 ·
Welcome aboard from Pinellas County. Nice avatar. 1,000 rounds in a month? Dagone, my PT 92 purchased in January doesn't have that many through it yet.
Anyway, run a search on the PT 140, and you'll find a lot of good info.
In the Gallery, you'll find a cute little PT22 with pink grips. Maybe the Mrs would like one. Or go to theTaurus web site and you'll see that there are many options for a PT 22. The pink gripped .22s and .25s are on the 3rd and 4th pages.
Here's the 1st page: http://www.taurususa.com/products/gunselector-results.cfm?series=SF1
Have fun. Stay safe.

#6 ·
TitaniumMan said:
Welcome aboard!! The PT's sure are popular here! A thousand rounds in one month! Wow! What do you use for practice ammo?

Against the advice of the gun dealer, I have been going to Walmart and buying Winchester 185g 40 S&W rounds for about $22.00 per hundred. Haven't had a problem yet!

#7 ·
Welcome to the site!

Imnot sure if your wife is like mine, but my wife likes her guns to look nice aswell as shoot nice so she has been getting a lot of pink guns lately. This is fine with me because it just makes her want to shoot even more and anything that keeps her next to me at the range is always a good thing

her PT22

I just gave her my M85UL that will look like this once we get the grips in

here new PT111

#8 ·
I appreciate the advice - we've looked at the pink handles on the 22, but she prefers the Nickel with Gold trim and white handles. The PT111 is one I haven't seen on Taurus' website, that must be a custom mod :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.