Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really glad that I learned about the Rossi 720 a few months ago! Some of you have seen me mention on here that I have subsequently purchased two of these fine guns, and that I am really delighted to own these guns. In the time since I bought these two of mine, there have been several for sale on Gunbroker. But those that I've seen since then have been way overpriced, such as this one:

g-44699-1 Rossi model M 720, 44special 3" barrel : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

I guess a man can ask what he wants to for something, but if he realistically expects it to sell, his price will have to be much lower than what he's asking here. At least that's my opinion. But then, what do *I* know? ;)

Amistad

·
Registered
644 Posts
I am always in the market for guns and I have noticed the prices are on the rise. In the beginning of the year I picked up a new TCP for alot less then I am seeing them for now. I have been looking for a wheel gun and seeing this same trend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been looking at AK's for awhile now, the one i had my eye on online went from +/- $400 to around $730. prices are definitely starting to go up. I guess its what people are willing to pay. not me though.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Get used to high prices for guns and ammo - and short ammo supplies. It's the election syndrome.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
People are starting to realize that these are great handguns! I guess that we have to hope that the hubbub will die down so that those of us who still want one could afford it! OR, Rossi could start making one again -- not a Rossized Taurus by the way, but an original spec 720.......

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
You mean like a 3 inch steel frame gun with a full underlug and NO stupid ports in the barrel??

Oh, I have a dream!!!

The ports that Taurus is so crazy about putting on wheel guns is why I bought the Rossi in the first place.

·
Registered
27,128 Posts

·
32,481 Posts
From another thread. I won't name the author. :)

Qwiks draw [OP]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member #: 4
Liked: 701 times

Should the gun be NIB: $525. If in Exc. condition:$475. At Very Good:$350. And at Good: $275.

That's the going rate.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Damn I hate the rubber grips on Rossi's Almost as much as I hate the Taurus "ribber" grip. Who was the idiot behind that?

·
Premium Member
10,962 Posts
Just checked the auction, and it was closed. The bid history shows 0 bids. I guess you'll be seeing it at a lower price soon.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Just checked the auction, and it was closed. The bid history shows 0 bids. I guess you'll be seeing it at a lower price soon.
Hard to say -- it depends on how much they paid for it, and how bad they want to sell it. IMHO, $375 is a good price for a 720 in excellent condition. Maybe the trick is to do what others have suggested -- check constantly and wait for that good price!

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Hard to say -- it depends on how much they paid for it, and how bad they want to sell it. IMHO, $375 is a good price for a 720 in excellent condition. Maybe the trick is to do what others have suggested -- check constantly and wait for that good price!
I'm with you on the price. Anywhere around 325-375 is what I think is a fair price. I probably wouldn't pay 375 for a DA/SA gun but I'd have to consider a cherry DAO with fixed sights (with the box, factory paperwork, etc....) at 350-375.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Damn I hate the rubber grips on Rossi's Almost as much as I hate the Taurus "ribber" grip. Who was the idiot behind that?
I actually like the grips on the 720. It makes long range sessions (like 200+ rounds) with a .44 Special hand load like mine (loaded on the hot side) far easier to enjoy.

I still think wood (or ivory or stag) looks better but that extra cushion on the backstrap makes a world of difference when it comes time to stop lookin' and start shootin'.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Watch those extra costs. This guy wants $30 for shipping. That's on the high side. Most charge $25 or less with insurance. Then, there's the F.F.L. transfer. That can be anywhere from $15 to $50 locally. A couple of pawn shop charges $20 which includes the required "call" for the background check.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No sir. It's back up for bids at the same price. I will *really* be surprised if it sells at such a high price....

Amistad

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Different strokes for different folks...there's no way I'd want to shoot my M605 .357 Magnum without rubber grips. ;)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I think I've seen a few of these with an unfluted cylinder. I don't know if you gain or lose a lot in one way or the other but I'm a sucker for the unfluted version and might pay a little more if the lockup and timing are spot on.

Coop

1 - 20 of 24 Posts