Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my PT1911B to the range today to check out the latest on my reloading learning curve. Got to jawing with another shooter who showed me his toys, including a 5+ year old Kimber Custom Target(??). We ended up swapping pistols for a few rounds because he wanted his son to try out the Taurus. The Kimber was a fine shooter and I think I liked the sights better than the Heine sights on the Taurus. At 10 years I was able to create two ~1.5" groups in the target center with both pistols. The other guy wanted his son to try the Taurus. He had read good things about the Taurus and thought it would be a good buy for his son. The son liked the Taurus better than the Kimber. Said the trigger was smoother.

In my hands, the Taurus did everything the Kimber did as well as the Kimber. I also thought the Taurus trigger was "better." In the past couple of weeks, I've had the opportunity to do a shooting comparison of my PT1911B with an SA Mil-Spec and a Kimber Custom Target. I won't make any judgments on which is "better" but The PT1911B has compared very well with both. The more I shoot it, the better I like it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great to hear Mr. Greener. I think most of us as sold on the Taurus and how well they shoot (despite what some other forums like to talk down).

As I mentioned in another post- for the average person at personal defence range my Taurus shoots as well as my Wilson costing almost 5 times as much. The Wilson I got on a fluke and wouldn't trade it, but dollar for dollar I WOULD buy an "officer's model" size Taurus or even a little smaller based on my PT1911 as first choice.

And my PT1911 is even a little over 18 months old. When they supposedly had all the "problems".

Respects-Brizz

Edited to correct age of PT1911

1 - 2 of 2 Posts