Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back before things went nuts I had talked to my FFL about ordering me a HiPoint 9mm Carbine, but there were none to be had from any of the supply wholesalers. So my want went to back order status. I was over picking up something from him last week and he told me he had just received a notice that they were shipping him a HiPoint Carbine, but had no othe information as to what cal or model it was. Last night I was on the phone with sending him a referal and he told me he had received the HiPoint and that it was a 9mm sitting in the safe with my name on it if I still wanted one. I of course said yes, if the price was right. I have seen these carbines bringing over $450 to $500 as of late on GunBroker, which I would never think of paying. He did tell me his price to purchase the gun had gone up, so I braced myself for the worse...then it came...would $250 work?
Well Heck Yeah, I'll be picking it up here in the next few days when my PT945 comes in.

Gotta love an FFL that respects his customers allegiance, and has some business ethics.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z391/JVJRanch1/DSCN0216_zps5f08702e.jpg

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Ohhhh, yum!

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
sounds like a great ffl. i'd be picking that up today, congrats. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Good catch! My FFL has turned out to be one of my better friends, and with friends like that, I'm always broke

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Gotta love an FFL that respects his customers allegiance, and has some business ethics."---jon

Yeah, rare but I'm glad there are still some......
Now, you gotta find ammo.[or are you loading it?]
I'm pretty well set on 9mm at this time. But, I am always keeping an eye out for more when priced within reason.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good catch! My FFL has turned out to be one of my better friends, and with friends like that, I'm always broke
Boy Howdy do I understand where your coming from. And it doesn't help that he is less then a 3 minute drive from door to door.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Nice, can't wait to see the pictures and first range report.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Gotta love an FFL that respects his customers allegiance, and has some business ethics.
I would say, feeds his customers addiction! :D :D

Kidding aside, it sounds like you got a great buy and a good shop there!

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Was it the 995TS - the one with the tactical stock? The wife got me that one for Christmas along with my PT1911. I flat out love the Hi-Point carbine! They are a hoot to shoot. I picked it up on Black Friday from my FFL. I got mine for $300 and it came with the red dot sight. I shot it after Christmas and dialed in the iron sights at 25 yards. Last Saturday, I dialed in the red dot, again at 25 yards, and I love that gun. My wife likes shooting it too. Take a look at the Hi-Point web site for accessories you may be interested in. They do not charge shipping, so price you see is what you pay. I picked up the magazine holder with two magazines for $40 and the case for $25. Both are a steal at that price. They do carry a lifetime warranty but don't offer free shipping. If you send it in for any repair, they send you back a free magazine. Let us know how she shoots!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
WE want pictures!!!

Reactions: jonrjen and darbo

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congratulations I like Hi-Points "assault weapons "

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats! Good to know there are still some good people out there. So far from what I've seen my local FFL isn't gouging either.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Back before things went nuts I had talked to my FFL about ordering me a HiPoint 9mm Carbine, but there were none to be had from any of the supply wholesalers. So my want went to back order status. I was over picking up something from him last week and he told me he had just received a notice that they were shipping him a HiPoint Carbine, but had no othe information as to what cal or model it was. Last night I was on the phone with sending him a referal and he told me he had received the HiPoint and that it was a 9mm sitting in the safe with my name on it if I still wanted one. I of course said yes, if the price was right. I have seen these carbines bringing over $450 to $500 as of late on GunBroker, which I would never think of paying. He did tell me his price to purchase the gun had gone up, so I braced myself for the worse...then it came...would $250 work?
Well Heck Yeah, I'll be picking it up here in the next few days when my PT945 comes in.

Well, my favorite Gun Dealer sold out last August, and I'm still trying to find who my favorite gun dealer is going to be. I have it down to two finalist. Maybe I need to have two favorites just in case. :)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
WE want pictures!!!
AAAAAAAH, ya seen one Evil Black Rifle, ya seen'em all. Jest more grist fer Ms. Feingrabstein!!!!!

Bill

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
By the way, what is the capacity of the "Clip?" ​ Sorry, just had to ask the question that way, all these gun grabbing news people are starting to brainwash me! I know, I would have to have a brain before it could get washed, just like those gun grabbing news people.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
By the way, what is the capacity of the "Clip?"​ Sorry, just had to ask the question that way, all these gun grabbing news people are starting to brainwash me! I know, I would have to have a brain before it could get washed, just like those gun grabbing news people.
The "clip" holds 10 rounds. Man that hurt not saying magazine! That is for the ones that come from Hi-Point. You can buy a 15 rounder from ProMag, but they are said to be un-reliable and Hi-Point states in the packaging of the gun that if you use them, you void the warranty.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts